Happy National Ukulele Day!!!

Ukejenny

Reaction score
May 2nd is National Ukulele Day, or National Play Your Ukulele Day, or Play Your Ukulele Day...

Because just like the instrument, we can't decide on what to call it!

I'm going to my son's class and playing/singing some songs with them. What are you going to do to celebrate?

I'm going to my son's class and playing/singing some songs with them. What are you going to do to celebrate?

We're going to do what we do every day, Pinky; plan for the ukulele to take over the world! BWAAA-HAAA-HAAAAA!

We're going to do what we do every day, Pinky; plan for the ukulele to take over the world! BWAAA-HAAA-HAAAAA!

If there was a like function on this forum I'd be utilising it right now.

YAY! good for you! :shaka:

I shall play my mighty Uke, and my First Uke I bought from MGM

image.jpg
image.jpg

Didn't know it was national Uke day... By coincidence, our Uke group will be playing tonight for a non -profit org., we'll have to spread the word!

What if I don't have a National ukulele? Can I play the Big Rusty resonator that uses a National cone?

wah, I didnt get to touch a uke yesterday....too busy working....darn it!

The class visit sent great and the three ukuleles I took with me were greatly molested, uh I mean played! The kids were great and we sang some songs. I also decided to write a song for my uke group, a love your ukulele song in the style of Dean Martin. There are some fun chords and little tiddly bits added here and there... Trying to get them out of their comfort zone.

But World play your uke day is February 2nd.
Why is there a National one? and which nation?

Okay then, so every February 2nd and May 2nd, we all need to buy a new ukulele. That's 2 a year. Sounds about right.

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think May 2 was decided on as the date for National Ukulele Day because it's my birthday!

This time of year, I am obligated to make an appearance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, which I believe was also created in honor of my birthday!

As proof of this, when I arrived yesterday, the music for Friday, May 2nd began at the Lagniappe tent with an occasional association known as the Glorioskis. It's an extremely talented trio consisting of Helen Gillet on Cello, Myshkin on Guitar, and Debbie Davis ("New Orleans' premier female ukulelist") playing an early model Southcoast longneck Concert Ukulele. I am completely sure about this last occurrence, but it seems to me to be further evidence that both these other occasions happen because of me!

Here's Debbie's site, by the way:

http://www.debbiedavismusic.com/bio.cfm

Last edited:
I'm not completely sure about this, but I think May 2 was decided on as the date for National Ukulele Day because it's my birthday!

This time of year, I am obligated to make an appearance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, which I believe was also created in honor of my birthday!

As proof of this, when I arrived yesterday, the music for Friday, May 2nd began at the Lagniappe tent with an occasional association known as the Gloroiskis. It's an extremely talented trio consisting of Helen Gillet on Cello, Myshkin on Guitar, and Debbie Davis ("New Orleans' premier female ukulelist") playing an early model Southcoast longneck Concert Ukulele. I am completely sure about this last occurrence, but it seems to me to be further evidence that both these occasions happen because of me!

Here's Debbie's site, by the way:

http://www.debbiedavismusic.com/bio.cfm

Happy Birthday, and how cool!!!

Top Bottom