Romero Creations Grand Tenor

Would like to know if anyone has a Grand Tenor as well, and their thoughts on it.

I dont own one, but would also like to hear anyone that does. From the HMS website, the Grand Tenor sure sounds pretty nice. They said Corey commented that it is loud and has amazing bass response. My only complaint is that I really prefer bindings. Just a personal preference, but without it, it just does not look as nice to my eye. I am sure many are fine without it or prefer it without it, but just my personal preference. The grand tenor has a nice rosette, which I also prefer, but no bindings. But, I am tempted by the sound, sure sounds nice.

Surprised nobody on here has pulled the trigger and bought one, given how nice it sounds.

Hi everybody!

I bought one couple of weeks ago at HMS
This Uke is awesome!
Really full and warm sound.
Punchy and clear as well because of the solid koa.
Had mine installed with a high G, wich works really great.
Really nice neck, very comfertable and plays real easy.
Really good uke for the money.
Maybe not as good as a Hawaiian K brand, but it's really pretty damn close.

UkeInTw ;
I don't care about bindings and what not.
I own a Kanile'a K1 premium super concert wich had no bindings at all and is amazing to look at.
And the sound is too die for.
I prefer less bling on ukes, most of the times these are the better instruments.

Same with this Romero Grand Tenor.
Good quality handbuild instrument wich has a really good sound.
And I think is a really beautifull instrument to look at.

I highly recommend this uke.

Aloha!

Martijn

Last edited:
Hi Martijn,

Thanks. Glad you enjoy yours. I am tempted, as they sound great. How is the size? Is the overall length the same as normal tenor, so between 26-27"? And how about body size, which I know they say is a bit bigger than a normal tenor? Will it still fit in a regular tenor case?

Hi Martijn,

Thanks. Glad you enjoy yours. I am tempted, as they sound great. How is the size? Is the overall length the same as normal tenor, so between 26-27"? And how about body size, which I know they say is a bit bigger than a normal tenor? Will it still fit in a regular tenor case?

Yeah I am really enjoying mine.
The size of the body is a little bit oversized, not much.
Not as big as the Kanile'a super tenor.

The uke came with a standard O'ahu tenor hardshell case wich fits like a glove.
So it will fit any normal tenor case I think.
As you can see the headstock is really smaller than a standard tenor, so the overall length is smaller.

I don't know your budget, but for this money the uke is an absolute winner!
If you have a bigger budget I suggest to try out some other brands too.
Like KoAloha, Kamaka and my personal favorite brand Kanile'a.
Pono has great stuff as well.....

If you have more questions just ask.

Aloha!

Last edited:
Top Bottom