NUD MP Concert - need help identifying wood

billten

Reaction score
Wow, just wow. I took a punt on this uke, the seller didn't know what the uke was made of and had really not so great pix, i simply bought it because of the MP name and a feeling i had. But when it arrived, oh my, it is really stunning to play, just the best uke i have ever played, clear, warm and fingerpicking is just brilliant. Ok, so enough gushing... :)

Can anyone help me identify the wood. I'm thinking walnut and cedar maybe, or perhaps redwood top. really hard to tell but if anyone has a better idea please let me know. I have e-mailed Mike asking him but not heard back as yet.

Thanks... Bill

Attachments

• sIMG_20140502_102353.jpg
    sIMG_20140502_102353.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 79
  • sIMG_20140502_102419.jpg
    sIMG_20140502_102419.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 69
  • sIMG_20140502_102448.jpg
    sIMG_20140502_102448.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 58
My guess would be a Redwood top, Claro Walnut back and sides with maple binding. Looks sweet. Nice score!

Wow and congrats! Nice score.

I guess I agree with DK. Let us know when you hear from Mike

Enjoy

He shoots, he SCORES!!! (Crowd goes wild!).

My experience is Mike does respond but it may take a few days. If you provided the serial number he should be able to get you all the details.

Last edited:
I know, talk about score, should be sore, as in fingers. I can't stop playing it! Really a stunning uke. As my lovely wife is happy to point out, I have on occasion purchased a uke unplayed off the web and been underwhelmed, this time made up for all the not so great experiences. I guess trusting in a really reputable builder gets rid of a lot of the stress.

I know, talk about score, should be sore, as in fingers. I can't stop playing it! Really a stunning uke. As my lovely wife is happy to point out, I have on occasion purchased a uke unplayed off the web and been underwhelmed, this time made up for all the not so great experiences. I guess trusting in a really reputable builder gets rid of a lot of the stress.

WOW you scored huge...........and you didn't even have to chase down the postee.

Now I am really looking forward to you coming to Toronto and getting a chance to play that. I love red wood tops and that walnut is stunning, maple binding.......brilliant. If I was to have one made those wood choices would make me very happy. Enjoy it, like I really have to say that :rolleyes:

WOW I dunno what wood taht is, but its gorgeous! Doens't surprise me that it's an awesome player! Congrats!

Top Bottom