Summer Liquidation or continue to store?

Sell or Store?

• Sell

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Store

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Both

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a small collection (down from 30 plus) of fairly nice ukes (by my standards anyways) and they have been sitting in storage for the last two years.

I know...I know...why not bring them out? Well I live in Alaska and the winter is harsh on a uke. And it costs to much to bring one out to the village with me.

So, should I continue to store these five ukes or should I sell them?
I already have some inexpensive personal ukes up here and I have quite a few for my classroom. These ukes that are in storage are nicer than I want to deal with and I hate seeing them not used.

I'd say store them, John. I'm guessing they are all paid for, and meet your approval. They would only be more expensive to replace, later on down the road....

I'd say store them, John. I'm guessing they are all paid for, and meet your approval. They would only be more expensive to replace, later on down the road....

Thanks Don, That is what I am thinking...but I also have that more than one uke guilt syndrome.

Agreed. :)

I voted sell because that's what I would do. Ukes are made to be appreciated, and most often that also means being played. To me, if they're getting no playtime, they're not serving their purpose. And you said yourself these ukes are more than you want to deal with right now.

You might be able to store some with me.....

You just have to love the personal sacrifices forum members are willing to make for each other... LOL

Seriously, I vote keep. There is no use feeling guilt unless you are depriving family of food to keep them or something like that. There aren't any kids in China who can't have a uke because you have several...

John

What do you have left in your collection John? That might influence a sell or keep vote.

Conflicting thoughts. Voted for sell but know that it's difficult to do that. Maybe keep a couple and sell the rest. So both is probably the better vote.

I bravely step forward and pledge to foster any concert sized ukuleles that need some TLC and playtime.

I would only sell them if I truly no longer wanted them. If not, then I'd store them.

Top Bottom