NUD Martin S1

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
So I sold off a few ukes from my modest collection and set off to 'LoveUkes' in Somerset to give myself a Birthday treat.

They have a great selection of higher end instruments so I knew that I'd be spoilt for choice.

The Lanikai curly koa soprano looked great and sounded ok too. The solid acacia Kala likewise. Then I picked up the Martin.

I have read all sorts of reviews and opinions on Martins so I naively expected it to be in a similar league as the other two - then I played it. All I can say is quality, quality, quality!

I know that some people feel that Martins are expensive and I suppose they are when compared with other ukes but when I play the Martin (MY MARTIN!!) I feel like a better player and that is priceless.

Many thanks to Chris & Alison at LoveUkes.

Congratulations on a fantastic new ukulele, a Martin no less. I had been thinking of going to a concert size and played everything in every store and the Martins always sound fantastic, like I should buy this fantastic. I am not a soprano guy...........yet, but I liked the sound of the S1 extremely well.

Enjoy your new prize.

So I sold off a few ukes from my modest collection and set off to 'LoveUkes' in Somerset to give myself a Birthday treat.

They have a great selection of higher end instruments so I knew that I'd be spoilt for choice.

The Lanikai curly koa soprano looked great and sounded ok too. The solid acacia Kala likewise. Then I picked up the Martin.

I have read all sorts of reviews and opinions on Martins so I naively expected it to be in a similar league as the other two - then I played it. All I can say is quality, quality, quality!

I know that some people feel that Martins are expensive and I suppose they are when compared with other ukes but when I play the Martin (MY MARTIN!!) I feel like a better player and that is priceless.

Many thanks to Chris & Alison at LoveUkes.

Congrats! I have tried two martin's (both used) at my local shop and while I love how they look I never enjoy playing them as much as the kale's. I may not have met the right Martin yet, I keep waiting :)

I think sometimes the wrong strings make a huge difference on an ukulele.

Congrats! The S1 is a great sounding uke!

Petey

I really like the s1. I bought one a few weeks ago, mail order. I thought it sounded a little small, boxy, and tight, out of the case. However, after a few hours of play it really came alive. It became a keeper.

Top Bottom