Kanile'a Silk Finish

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
I've noticed that Kanile'a are now doing a "Silk" finish on some ukuleles as opposed to the normal satin or UV Gloss finishes.

Has anyone played any of these? I'm guessing it's like a thin satin varnish. I wondered if they sound more open than the gloss models. I know every individual uke will sound different etc but just wondered what people's impressions were.

I'm looking at getting a concert for live playing. I tend to only play the sopranos but I like the sound of jazz chords on larger ukes.

Thanks,
Matt

I've noticed that Kanile'a are now doing a "Silk" finish on some ukuleles as opposed to the normal satin or UV Gloss finishes.

Has anyone played any of these? I'm guessing it's like a thin satin varnish. I wondered if they sound more open than the gloss models. I know every individual uke will sound different etc but just wondered what people's impressions were.

I'm looking at getting a concert for live playing. I tend to only play the sopranos but I like the sound of jazz chords on larger ukes.

Thanks,
Matt

what it is, is still a UV polyester finish like the gloss ones....
different from Satin...not sure the exact way to describe the finish procedure..but it done the same way a gloss polyester finish is applied

Corey seems to like it a lot,he says more open sounding.....the silk finish is smoother than any other finish I have seen(that is why called silk)

really nice...good luck

Top Bottom