kamaka gold label soprano, E string

chuck in ny

Reaction score
i have worth browns on this instrument which i dearly love. the E string is a bit dead, noticeably less resonant than the other three. it gets worse by the 4th fret and improves somewhat as you go to the nut and the bridge.
tuning the pitch higher it gets better. tuning down two steps where it becomes a D string it is much better.
i am tempted to change the strings to martin fluorocarbons and see what happens. what do you all think is the best way of handling this. the E string seems to be operating normally, is in the same plane as the other strings, and i would greatly appreciate an explanation of why this is happening. i don't have the experience with ukuleles or strings to understand this.

well... tuned up and then down one step, fair results, then tuned down a half step and am completely satisfied. i still don't understand the physics of the situation but am glad to have another tool in the box.

Could be as worse as a dead spot or just a bad string...I'd go thinner than martins strings if you try...either a living waters, Phd etc good Luck
when did this happen, did you change the strings recently, just got the uke... need more info..

thanks stan. i just got the kamaka from ebay and changed the strings a couple of weeks ago to the worth browns. i will try other strings.

Top Bottom