Koa Pili Koko

dusty

Reaction score
I've sent a couple of messages to KPK regarding a tenor (through the direct email address and through the online request form) and haven't heard anything. I'm interested in the regular tenor w/ bone nut and saddle. Any advice as to how to get ahold of KPK?

Jason is who I've contacted before when ordering my KPK from the pilikoko.com site. He's usually very prompt with his replies, at most by the next day during the week and usually by Monday/Tuesday if I've emailed during the weekend.

My experience with Jason was good. He answered all my questions via email and got back to me quickly. I hope he's okay.

Aloha,
KPK Deluxe Tenor was my first solid wood uke, good bang for the buck. Jason is a nice guy to deal with. Good luck.....

Still can't get ahold of Jason. Has anyone heard from him?

I sent an inquiry to him via Ebay on May 18, and he answered my question on May 20. His Ebay name is localz.kine

Hope this helps...

A minute ago I tried the KPK website. It is suspended. Hope that clears up soon. He was getting something I wanted.

Last year around this time, he was taking his family on vacation.

I sent a second email and he responded right back with answers to all my questions. He did not sign his name but assume that it was Jason.

As usual, a new uke either grows on me, or it does not. The more I play this one, the more I like it...both appearance and sound. I have not found it to be a "quiet" uke, even with the Worth strings. That's two KPK's I have that sound amazing, especially for the price point.

Very happy to hear that you like it! I sure do love my deluxe tenor. It just keeps getting better.

As usual, a new uke either grows on me, or it does not. The more I play this one, the more I like it...both appearance and sound. I have not found it to be a "quiet" uke, even with the Worth strings. That's two KPK's I have that sound amazing, especially for the price point.

Hey Phil.
Just got my KPK tenor cutaway today. Looks like I am stalking you...lol. My first uke was a Epiphone Les Pal and my second is the KPK. Still getting to know her but so far she is sweet. Came with the worth strings which are nice. A lot thinner than the Aquila that I have on my LP. Since you also have a LP I do not find the KPK too quiet as others have stated. Well let me get back to my "new toy".

Update:
Phil.....she does sound amazing! Got to test drive her playing a little Bob Marley....No woman, no cry. Sweet.
The side of the frets seem a little sharp when compared to the LP, may dress them up a little if I find this is a problem. I am really liking the worth strings so far.
I got her with a bone saddle and nut so have no idea what it would have sounded like with the rosewood. She does sound mellow so happy with that choice for an extra 10 dollars. Especially after I read so many wishing to change from wood to bone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom