Any Suggestions for a Senior Show

I am 66 I guess I am a senior. Seniors like all kinds of music. Pop standards rock and roll folk. Country jazz blues you name it
Cliff

I think you will need to define your audience, as well as where you will be playing. My mom is 89 and in assisted living in the United States. The songs that are most popular at the community songfests are movie tunes up through the early 60's. Patriotic songs are popular, too.

Five Foot Two, Ain't She Sweet, Side By Side are popular. I'd include some hapa-haole songs, too, like Honolulu Baby.

Around my area, they like hymns, what some refer to as "oldies" (but I love them and many are new to me), country (the more standard country), and some early rock, like Elvis and the Beatles.

All of the above! Our Uke group plays for a lot of assisted living facilities and senior centers, they enjoy singing along. If you can do song sheets for the audience that is good too.
Take a look at www.doctoruke.com, there is a wide variety of all kinds songs, including the suggestions already made. Check out his medleys too, combinations of two or three songs together.

No 1 sing-a-long song of all time......
"You Are My Sunshine" (though somewhat depressing lyrics for the verses)
also "Daisy", "Goodnight Irene", "When You're Smiling", "Always", "Oh What a Beautiful Morning", "The Glory of Love", "Bye Bye Blackbird",
Figure out when these guys were teenagers - most likely in the 50's, and get online to find out what was hot then.

If this is for seniors in assisted living you can pretty much play whatever you like. They'll just be ecstatic that you're there. You might want to learn some old folk standards and gospel tunes though. A lot of those folks love the songs their parents enjoyed because it's what they listened to when they were children.

Top Bottom