Whats the most you would spend on a uke?

Most you would spend on a uke

• $200-$300

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • $300-$500

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • $500-$800

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • $800-$1000

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • $1000+

Votes: 40 38.5%

• Total voters

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Whats the most money you'd spend on a uke if you knew it was super high quality? These suckers are getting expensive these days!

Between 3 and 5. I'd like to think that $60 is enough, but if I had to splurge on a custom one, then it'd have to be between 3 and 5.

i would spend $300-$500. i try to see, now, the quality of the wood. and the sounding that fits me.

i really want a new tenor, i need to save up for a kamaka haha, though that is $850 -_-"

in the UK u cant get anything of quality for $500 or for us £250...if im looking to import a uke its gunna be WAY more in the region of $1000

Deadeye: are there any websites in specific that you favor that i can browse? perhaps maybe you have a website that i have yet to see.

i spent $50 ($63 after purchasing new d'addario strings), but if i HAD the money i'd probably blow $200 - $300 on a ukE.

I'd spend $1000+ and not bat an eye. If I'm spending that much though, I need to be able to play it first. With the ones that I have my eye on, that's a problem because there aren't any stores in the area that carry them. I'd have to go to Hawaii to buy it, wouldn't I? What's the best area in the states for ukuleles?

I have spent up to 6,000.00 for a new ukulele and up to 20,000 for old ukes but would spend close to 40,000.00 for certain vintage ukes....

wow...just...:bowdown: i think you win lol.

i myself don't intend to spend that much (in the foreseen future) for a uke. The way i see it is $500 for really nice uke (one that can last me FOREVER) This is one i would practice on at home and take it to special occasions and stuff.

Then i would like to get a flea or fluke, just so i can have a quality one to take around with me. Right now i carry my no name one where ever i go, and im worried that ill crack the wood.

I think if I got upwards of 3000, I better be headlining gigs, and talking record deals.

... or at least sounding like I could if I wanted to.

I'd be willing to pay that, but willing and able are different things. ;)

This is a really funny thread. I see people posting they wouldn't spend more than 300-500 but when you see their videos they either have a $2000 guitar or a room full of all kind of other instruments. Perhaps the trick is to spend not to much on one uke so you can buy another?

I would be very happy with a nice tenor in the $300 range, but playing a little bit on a Kanilea tenor in the local shop was like being struck by a ray of the Lord's forgiveness in church on a Sunday morning. Ouch, that was so smooth I can still remember the feeling. Oh, and it was $1000...

you also have to remember that a $500 = $1000 guitar when it comes to quality, a mid range soprano costs about $200-300, while a mid range guitar is about 300-400

Top Bottom