What is your newest ukulele CD you like?

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
pictures for denise 011.jpg[SUP][/SUP]These are Mine...oh my gawd, they are wonderful and I love them....Thank you Sarah..:)

My most recent uke album is Corey's Fables. Awesome instrumental music, of any type.

But, Time to add new uke music. I'll have check out Sarah's albums. Thanks Stan.

I'll second Corey's Fables - amazing music. I've picked up some music from others on UU, including Jon Yoon and Kevin Carroll. Lately I'm enjoying instrumental music, including Herb Ohta, Jr's "Pure Ukulele" CD.

I've Never Heard of Corey Fables...thank you Doc and Bill....will have to check them out too...:)

Funnies!! Is that a joke? :p

I've been listening to my Paul Hemmings, Benny Chong, Corey CDs lately. I prefer instrumentals

Last edited:
Corey Fujimoto's Fables is a beautiful cd. He's not a flashy player. He really enjoys the beauty of textures , mood and melody. His finger work is exquisite. This is not a cd to rock out to. It's a cd to enjoy for its sensitivity, thoughtfulness and feeling. It is the Chopin's Nocturnes of ukulele music.

I do very much like how he used percussion to great effect. It fits really well without overpowering. Corey seems to be a humble, quiet person. I'm an intermediate player who has retired to Hawaii. I ordered a Kala cedar top tenor uke from HMS. As I don't have a car HMS said they would deliver. Corey was the deliverer. I had no idea at the time how great he is or even who he was. As I thoroughly trust HMS and had ordered many times from Music Guy Mike, I didn't feel I had to open the box when Corey met me in his car outside my apartment building that evening. He asked me if I wasn't going to open the box. I said it wasn't necessary. He insisted. I played a few notes. I was very pleased. I wish I had asked him to play a few. A beautiful cd for when you're really ready to sit down and listen. Enjoy. I've listened many times and will continue to for years. I've listened to the Nocturnes now for about 45 years.

I just got the Jake Shimabukuro "Live in Boulder" DVD, haven't watched it yet AND I just got home from being in Boulder!

Until I bought Corey's Fables from iTunes last week, the only "uke" CD's I owned were Sophie Madeleine's. I consider Sophie a singer with a uke, so Corey's CD is the only true ukulele CD I own. I tend to watch performances on YouTube mostly. It's free, and there are lots of good players out there.

I have so many CD's picking a favorite is impossible.
Among my favorites are: Every CD done by James Hill, Sarah Maisel, Gerald Ross, Lil Rev, Aaron Keim, Victoria Vox, Heidi Swedburg, Craig Chee.
Whenever I go to a festival I like to buy cds from the ukulele folks.
Last month I bought several Troy Fernandez cds, they have been getting a lot of play time.

I've Never Heard of Corey Fables...thank you Doc and Bill....will have to check them out too...:)

Haha Stan iwas there when you and your friend took 5 or 6 CDs from Corey....

he is the only Na Hoku award finalist for best Ukulele CD I know.... :)
good luck Corey the awards May 24th....

Last edited:
I've been grooving on Mike Kassel's "59 Minutes to Midnight." It has a great '70s feel to it with a jazzy, bossa nova, with a little country feel. Mike's original songs are amazing!!! He has a virtuoso performance of Carlos Santana's "Europa" that will knock your socks off. This disc belongs in everyone's collection. The CD was just released. More info is at MikeKasselMusic.com.

For me it's all about Lyle Ritz at the moment. I've been loving that live Jazz record he did with Ohta San. Not very current but there you go! :)

What Allen said.

For me it'd be The Old Spice Boys 'Alibi Of Birdland', Lyle Ritz's 'How about Uke' and everything Cliff Edwards ever recorded. Throw in some Lil Rev, Corey Fujimoto, John King and Ukulele Club De Paris and there's about 1/2 of em :)

Wow Allen,
what a list....I guess I gotta catch up with you then...kewl man... @ eugene Ukulele, where is your new CD mate? me thinks it's time for me to get one again... :)

Funnies!! Is that a joke? :p

I've been listening to my Paul Hemmings, Benny Chong, Corey CDs lately. I prefer instrumentals

He He Danny ;)
Paul Hemmings.. I thought he was from the beverly hillbillies... who is he? maybe benny would be a good buy... I do prefer some vocals...
I guess I should have broken the question into instrumentals and or vocals and instrumentals..

Top Bottom