Unwound log G string?

Icelander53

Reaction score
I need one for a Fluke with the plastic fretboard for my gf. Something easy to find. Who makes them?

I usually buy on Amazon or Strings by Mail.

And btw that's low not log. :wallbash:

Last edited:
I have a gig Thursday and won't be able to get a string here by then and the only uke I have with a pickup is my cigar box soprano. So, I'm going to punt. I'm going to the local music store (incredibly limited) and get some classical guitar strings and I'm going to use a D string from that set as a low G for this uke.

I know it is not the best way to go, but it is what I'm going to try. It may suck. Hopefully not. I'll be able to to give it a try tomorrow, right after the cheap amp that Amazon Prime is rocketing to me gets here.

Do you see a theme here?

I need one for a Fluke with the plastic fretboard for my gf. Something easy to find. Who makes them?

I usually buy on Amazon or Strings by Mail.

Aquila Red comes in unwound Low G single strings. You can order from "Strings by Mail" on line retailer. I happen to have ordered a high G tenor set and a singe low G unwound in the Aquila Reds. That way I can try it both ways to see which I like.........or not. First time for the Reds for me.

When it comes to delivery speed, price and selection, Strings By Mail is awesome.

Top Bottom