Aint She Sweet

lelouden

Reaction score
Over at the seasons we have been covering Tin Pan Alley songs of the time. Our host asked two things of us. One that we mention the writers of the song because so many of them go unnoticed and second that we dress the part. This has been a really fun week so far and the songs are fantastic.

"Ain't She Sweet" is a song composed by Milton Ager (music) and Jack Yellen (lyrics) and published in 1927 by Edwin H. Morris & Co., Inc./Warner Bros., Inc. It became popular in the first half of the 20th century, one of the hit songs that typified the Roaring Twenties. Like "Happy Days Are Here Again" (1929), it became a Tin Pan Alley standard. Both Ager and Yellen were elected to membership in the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Milton Ager wrote "Ain't She Sweet" for his daughter Shana Ager, who in her adult life was known as the political commentator Shana Alexander.

I appreciate the support and views I get here on UU so much. I would love for you to CLICK HERE so I can keep a count of my views as Youtube doesn't count the views we watch here. Thanks a ton:D

Thanks so much for commenting La Perdrix. It has been a fun challenge but even more fun has been the songs of that era. Im loving it:)

Nice job on the song. You look like you could be Shana herself !

Great job.
Thanks

Hi Linda,

I just found your thread and video here, and I have to say that this is WONDERFUL. I really love the way you performed this song.

Are you playing a tenor here, or is that a baritone?

Might you share what key you are in, since the chords that I play are somewhat different, but if you are playing a bari, maybe that is what I think I'm seeing...(bari chords vs. tenor chords)...

Anyway, great job on this one. I am always impressed and inspired by your videos :)

-Booli

Top Bottom