Did i make the correct choice with the Deviser Uke?

coops408

Reaction score
Model is Deviser UK 2150 Soprano, is this a good Uke to learn to play with?, have never played before. When playing some notes i just doesn't sound right,, even a G.
i cant find any reviews for it on the internet.
Should i go back to the shop and try to change for a Kala-S ?
i paid $40 bought in Vietnam

I haven't heard of that brand. May not be made/set up properly, tuned properly, bad strings, etc. etc. The Kala S would likely be a better choice. It will likely be set up at least "adequately", if not well. Kala customer service is decent. Have you held some different sized ukes to see what feels best in your hands? Have you checked the link near the top of the "Beginners Forum" on Entry Level Ukuleles?

Here's another post on the Deviser: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?68697-Good-Deal

Last edited:
Model is Deviser UK 2150 Soprano, is this a good Uke to learn to play with?, have never played before. When playing some notes i just doesn't sound right,, even a G.
i cant find any reviews for it on the internet.
Should i go back to the shop and try to change for a Kala-S ?
i paid $40 bought in Vietnam

Before chucking it for another model, take it into a shop and have someone who knows ukes tell you the condition it's in. The problem might be on your end or a simple fix. Once it's checked out you can feel confident in making further choices.

I haven't heard of that brand. May not be made/set up properly, tuned properly, bad strings, etc. etc. The Kala S would likely be a better choice. It will likely be set up at least "adequately", if not well. Kala customer service is decent. Have you held some different sized ukes to see what feels best in your hands? Have you checked the link near the top of the "Beginners Forum" on Entry Level Ukuleles?

Here's another post on the Deviser: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?68697-Good-Deal

thanks for your reply, he set it up in tune while in the shop before i left and been assured it has Aquila strings. i have not held other size for long, i am a backpacker so smallest i figured would be best option.
i think i will go try and change for the Kala because of the well known status.
i have come across this post also , one of the few about the company on the internet in English anyway,
thanks again /

Setting up the instrument is not just tuning it, it is about other adjustments as well. If the strings are Aquila,they will take a while, perhaps a week or so, to settle down. You tune a uke every time you use it and often while using it, so Ihope you have a clip on tuner or a phone app in order to do that. You might be better going for the Kala, but you really need to speak to someone who knows a bit about setting a uke up properly - this will greatly affect its playability and your enjoyment of whatever instrument you choose!

thanks for your reply, he set it up in tune while in the shop before i left and been assured it has Aquila strings. i have not held other size for long, i am a backpacker so smallest i figured would be best option.
i think i will go try and change for the Kala because of the well known status.
i have come across this post also , one of the few about the company on the internet in English anyway,
thanks again /

The strings are just stretching most likely. I'm always amazed that every sold ukulele does not come with a huge flyer on this subject. I'll bet a ton of ukes are returned due to this one basic issue.

Top Bottom