Who got that William King soprano on FMM

mo9090x

Reaction score
Was it someone here on UU?
I'm very interested in the sound review once you get it!

Please share.

Thanks!
:drool::anyone::iwant:

Aloha Miss M,

Yes me too....where have you been hiding.....:) you still have your soprano too?

Last edited:
What was the asking price? I wish people wouldn't remove the price once an item sells!

When I saw that it sold, my first thought is that you got it, Monica.

LOL! Thanks for thinking of me Coolkayaker1 ;) but no, I didn't get it. I was worried cedar would be too soft of a top and it would get damaged. Besides, I can't afford it. It was a nice pipe dream for a few minutes though.
When I saw that it sold, my first thought is that you got it, Monica.

Yeah, that's the nice thing about UU... there is a better chance that the selling price will remain with the post. It was listed for $850 (a steal IMHO) and only lasted a couple of hours. Long scale(?) soprano cedar top and I think Rosewood back #015 from 2008. Lots of bells n whistles with abalone in the purfling and double ring rosette (something I don't see often if ever). Peghed tuners and Diamond and King "crown" abalone fret markers. Looks like it came in a Uke Crazy alligator case with thermometer/hygrometer. High gloss lacquer finish.

Does anyone remember if it was a super soprano? Or can you tell from the photos?

What was the asking price? I wish people wouldn't remove the price once an item sells!

Last edited:
I am the lucky buyer and bought it for the aesthetics. My daughters have complained that the other soprano ukuleles I bought this year are ugly.

Omg that is the cutest funniest reason I've heard to date. Thanks for checking in! Will you let us know how the cedar sounds and your overall impression of the uke? I am a huge WK fan and literally drooled over this piece. Is it a normal soprano or long scale soprano?

CONGRATS!! :drool:

I am the lucky buyer and bought it for the aesthetics. My daughters have complained that the other soprano ukuleles I bought this year are ugly.

It must be WK week because there's another WK beauty on FMM now. Someone please hurry up and buy it.

I'm a sucker for a super soprano and was looking hard at this one the last time Lisa listed it. When I saw it on FMM today, a part of my brain took over that I had no control over…:drool:...nothing else mattered to me but getting this uke into my possession! I've had UAS for awhile now but nothing like this!

Top Bottom