NUD and Hello!

klappmeister

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I was surfing the internet and came across the Lanikai CK-TEK when it was being offered as musician's friend's SDOTD and thought it would be neat to pick up a ukulele - I figured my daughter would love it. Well it came in and I couldn't put it down! I was pretty disappointed in the build and the setup though so after a bit of thought i sent it back - but not without finding a replacement first...

I found this one on GC's used sight and figured that it had been sitting there for a while so I called about it. They wouldn't budge much on the price at first so I told them that I couldn't swing the price they were asking. They called me back a couple of minutes later with a pretty significant discount and the rest is history. This thing feels worlds better than the Lanikai did and the sound is much sweeter. It is just really hard to put down.

I have a background as a bass player but am pretty out of practice but the ukulele has really grabbed me and is a ton of fun. I am happy to find a place like this too! I think there is quite a bit of practice in my future.

Wow, congrats ...don't see that spiffy bridge on the newer GStrings. It's gorgeous.

Wow, congrats ...don't see that spiffy bridge on the newer GStrings. It's gorgeous.

Thanks! From the pics that GC posted it was tough to tell but all the other Gstrings that I had seen looked pretty good and there were a couple of clues that this was a looker being victimized by a cell phone pic by someone who didn't care...

I have never owned a koa instrument - I love the 3d properties that it has.

This is what they had posted:

congratulations! It's a Lanakai? special edition? very nice!

Top Bottom