Please help, need a hard case for a Kamoa E3-GC

raph

Reaction score
I am in need of a hard case for my Kamoa E3-GC. I've searched amazon and online music sites but haven't had any luck. I really rather not get the case from the actual Kamoa store due to the price. Would really appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction.

Or maybe if someone have ideas to modify some cases? i.e. modifying a case for a tenor ukulele?

Here is the dimensions for the ukulele.
Length 25 1/8 in
Body length 11 in
Head Stock Length 5 3/8 in
Head Stock Width 4 1/4 in
Upper Bout 5 5/8 in
Lower Bout 7 15/16 in
Dept 3 1/8 in

Thanks in advance.

From what I understand this is a longer-necked concert?

FWIW, I have a hard Oahu tenor case for my Pono MHT. There's a spare 2-1/2" of headroom in the case. See if you can track down the dimensions for their concert case. If there's similar leeway, yours might fit.

OTOH, my Uke Crazy styled polyfoam tenor case barely gives you a fingertip of clearance at the head.

Worst case scenario is you end up with a tenor case to accommodate the neck and the body area is a big too large. No real alteration needed, just line it with a washcloth or a t-shirt.

I have a nice luthier-made classical guitar in the "Torres" style, which has a slightly smaller body than most standard CGs. I just use a small towel to line the lower bout area of a standard sized case so the guitar fits snugly.

I know you said hard case but if you are ok with the uke crazy type then check out Steady Case at Uke Republic. They sell your uke and recommend that case. Comcert size case works. Google Steady Case and Mike from Uke Republic is doing a demo of them.

Have heard of folks modifying cases by removing some of the padding and re-gluing the lining In place. Not sure I've heard about adding some...not sure if the lining would fit then. I have a problem with my new East Start Jazz uke...lower bout too big for my tenor cases.

I agree with downupdave. Check with Uke Republic. Since they have the uke, they can check the fit better than just the numbers allow. That grand concert looks like it should be great-sounding. Do you have red or brown? Is it 16" scale? Is it awesome?

Top Bottom