D'addario EJ88T Nylgut strings for tenor ukulele

NOTLguy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these strings on their tenor and have opinions? I am considering trying them on my Pono ATDC.

Thanks,
Bill

I am using EJ88T Nyltech now, & like them because they seem to be the same as Aquila Nylguts -- which I like. The package states that they were developed by Aquila. They were made in NY, so how bad can they be? :eek:

I have them on a lanikai Solid mahogany tenor and a couple of Kohala tenors. They are very much like Aquilas in looks, texture, they may be a pinch smoother to the touch, less texture which may be good or bad depending on your style. I did not measure the strings but the C seems a hair thinner. Sounds the same to me. I bought another set to replace these if they break or wear out. They are a little less than a buck cheaper at strings by mail.
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/ukulele-strings-684/daddario-ukulele-strings-1186/daddario-nyltech-ukulele-1188/
I read somewhere (maybe on the packing material) they were developed in conjunction or developed with Aquila. If that is the case I wonder why they are cheaper? I would think they would have an extra development or royalty expense. I think if someone handed you a uke with these on them you would just assume they are Aquilas. My opinion and not a criticism on either string mfg., product, person, country,etc.

I use the Nyltech on some of my tenor ukes...they seem do work well on some...
Mike(MGM) told me that these strings are made with the same formula/ compound as Aquila's but made by Diadarrio on the US....

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I have ordered a set and am looking forward to giving them a try. I am hoping they have the same brightness as the Aquilas as the D'Addario strings are more readily available in my neck of the woods.

Bill

Top Bottom