Ukulele repair/set-up in Chicago area?

bearbike137

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good ukulele repair/set-up shop in the Chicago area? Thank you.

Last edited:
PM Stevepetergal on UU. He has had some work done by a place in Chicago and speaks of them fondly. I forget where now, but he's got the deets. G'luck.

Chicago Fret Works on the 4200 block of north Lincoln is the very best. Young masters with a genuine respect for the ukulele. Out in the western suburbs, there's Danche Guitars in Oak Park. Danche is an excellent builder and repair guy. (He may be a little expensive)

Chicago Fret Works on the 4200 block of north Lincoln is the very best. Young masters with a genuine respect for the ukulele. Out in the western suburbs, there's Danche Guitars in Oak Park. Danche is an excellent builder and repair guy. (He may be a little expensive)

I've been in Chicago Fret Works. I talked to a guy who made ukuleles. Maybe it's the same guy. He seemed really cool, and his ukes sounded great. I think he made them out of old doors.

I'm not a repair shop (I build ukuleles), but if you want to come out to the northwest suburbs, I'd be happy to help you.

Kevin Mason
Mason Guitars and Ukuleles

Top Bottom