New e-book: Klassische Musik mit der Ukulele, Volume 2

wwelti

Reaction score
This e-book was "almost finished" already 5 months ago! I worked every day on it since then...

In this project I tried a new concept. Every of the 25 tunes is arranged in 3 different versions. So there's a booklet for solo players, another one for chord players, and one with simple melody tabs. Hard to explain the concept with few words, but feel free to check out the sample PDF files on the description page:

http://www.ukulele-arts.com/klassische-musik-2/?lang=en

I hope anybody will find this concept useful!

Best Regards
Wilfried

Got it, love it and you can really tell there was a lot of hard work involved. You create the IMO best classical uke tabs available today. Thanks Wilfried, i have all your other books, been waiting for this book to come out and was not disappointed.
Bill

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback! It's so good to read that! :D

I wish you all the best and happy ukin'!

Best Regards
Wilfried

Wilfried, I have all your e-books and would love to get the next one with something a bit more contemporary. How about the next e-book being a collection of some more modern tunes for some variety? I'd certainly buy it...

Hi billten,

Thanks a lot! You're right, it would be nice to arrange some contemporary music, however it's not so easy: To do so, I need to obtain rights from the right holders, and usually they are NOT interested in some rather unknown uke player messing around with their music to fit it on the uke. So usually I just wouldn't get any answer at all...

Probably I'd need the help of some big publisher who knows how to obtain the rights.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Hmmmm, i see the problem. Perhaps not quite so contemporary. I love your Entertainer arrangement i see that as being relatively contemporary even though it's almost 100 years old. I was thinking more about blues or folk music, pieces that are still popular but have gone beyond the requirement to be public domain.
Bill

Hi billten,

Thanks a lot! You're right, it would be nice to arrange some contemporary music, however it's not so easy: To do so, I need to obtain rights from the right holders, and usually they are NOT interested in some rather unknown uke player messing around with their music to fit it on the uke. So usually I just wouldn't get any answer at all...

Probably I'd need the help of some big publisher who knows how to obtain the rights.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Hi Bill,

Indeed, and that's what I'm doing now and then. You've perhaps seen that I already messed around with Erik Satie, for example. And some of the folk songs I arranged are not as old as you might think.

Any suggestions from your side?

Of course I can't help that I really like music from the Renaissance, and also from great classical composers like Bach and Mozart, and of course celtic music, but then I also like a lot of contemporary music. Actually, I don't think there is any music style which I completely reject. On the other hand, I don't like *all* renaissance or classical pieces... I think there are highs and lows of music in every period or style.

Best Regards
Wilfried

I also love the classical and renaissance music, it's just that occasionally i enjoy playing some blues and jazzy music when the mood takes me.

Hi Bill,
Any suggestions from your side?

Interesting thought, i will look around. Basically the songs you can arrange have to be entered into the public domain and outside any licensing issues, are their any other requirements for the song to be considered?

Bill

If a piece is in public domain, there's no problem about using it obviously. And then there's still the possibility that a right holder of contemporary music agrees that I make uke arrangements of his music. So the basic requirement is: It has to be legal for me to publish the arrangements.

While I enjoy good jazz and blues now and then, I have to admit that I'm not very experienced in this kind of music. So I'm probably not the one to ask for jazz and blues arrangements, unfortunately. IMHO, this kind of music relies a lot on improvising and spontaneity, and also on the way a musician feels the music... I think, in order to make good jazz and blues arrangements, I'd have to play on a lot of jam sessions and the like first. Which I haven't... Besides, I think playing "finished" arrangements showing every slide and bend is NOT the way to play jazz or blues. No jazz or blues musician I know would do this. They'd usually go from what they hear, or perhaps they'd use some lead sheets or a real book, fake book or the like. But not something like classical solo arrangements.

That said, I think there's some room for making jazzy or bluesy solo arrangements for the uke though, however I'm probably not experienced enough for doing so. Maybe there are some pieces which I could try to fool around with, though.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Top Bottom