Waiting on the New Band Leader

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I wanted to share this. Our band consists of My wife, Our Percussionist and Me. I have been out of commission for the last month and we have cancelled all of our Gigs, except one today. We worked too hard to make the connection and get accepted as part of a local festival. It was a big deal for us.

So my wife stepped up and led the band today. She set up all the sound system, sang almost all the songs and fronted the band. We got a really good uke playing friend to fill in for me (he is much better than I) at the last minute. When she left this morning she looked so nervous. I am waiting at home to hear all the details. I talked to her on the phone after the show and she sounded really pumped up to have done this. I thought it was really cool to see her grow like this. When we started performing she was not very confident about doing things. So for her this s a big deal.

Nice! Just got to get out and do it. That's How!

There really is so much good stuff that goes on in the world. It is the little victories that make great stories. Thanks for sharing, sounds like you a two have a great relationship and you have every right to be very proud of her.

I wanted to share this. Our band consists of My wife, Our Percussionist and Me. I have been out of commission for the last month and we have cancelled all of our Gigs, except one today. We worked too hard to make the connection and get accepted as part of a local festival. It was a big deal for us.

So my wife stepped up and led the band today. She set up all the sound system, sang almost all the songs and fronted the band. We got a really good uke playing friend to fill in for me (he is much better than I) at the last minute. When she left this morning she looked so nervous. I am waiting at home to hear all the details. I talked to her on the phone after the show and she sounded really pumped up to have done this. I thought it was really cool to see her grow like this. When we started performing she was not very confident about doing things. So for her this s a big deal.

That's the kind of story I wait to hear. Yahoo for her and for you. I wish I could have been there.

You do realize that you just surrendered your position as band leader....right? :D

Top Bottom