Season 117 - To Infinity, and Beyond!

max2173

Reaction score
Greetings Earthlings and welcome to Season 117 of the Ukulele.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bring me the music of science fiction! Anything counts: songs with a sci-fi theme such as Ziggy Stardust, Space Oddity, (lots of Bowie!) Space Cowboy, and songs from sci-fi TV, films, or radio such as the Red Dwarf theme, Tubular Bells or if you want to do The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News, go nuts. Songs you've written are especially welcome. Write a song about your favourite sci-fi or write your own Bowie style ballad, all are welcome.

I'm also very keen this week to see some creativity. Make your own costume, write a whole concept album or even make your own sci-fi short.

Rules:
- One official entry per person.
- Up to 3 bonus songs allowed.
- Multitracking allowed and very much encouraged.
- Usual rules about posting apply, wait until midnight Hawaii time please!
- Make a new video and say the usual Season 117 blah, blah, blah.
- If you think a song counts, go for it!

Prizes:
There will be 3 awards this week:

Bill and Ted's Most Excellent award - For the song I consider most excellent musically.
Doc Brown's Great Scot! award - For the video/song with the best creativity shown.
May the Force be With You award - For the video chosen randomly by the Force (out of a hat).

Each prize will be a £5 donation to the charity of the winners choice. There will also be a small geeky prize for each winner.

Any questions go ahead and PM me.

Playlists:

Season 117 - To Infinity, and Beyond!

Season 117 Bonus - Beam Me Up, Scotty.

And remember, where we're going we don't need roads!

Last edited:
ooh max great theme!

bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

So..the one week mission is to go boldly where no uketeer has boldly gone before ?..or similar......if it was Jean Luc it would be to baldly go where .....right ...coat ..get..... offski....gotcha....

i feel a re-watch of the best boxset EVER beckoning

:bowdown: avon

Why do us Brits make such excellent SciFi so badly ???? Compelling stories and plots,Concepts, heroes and villains and popsicle budgets !!!

Mystery.........or Mysterons..........

OOH... you've peaked my nerdy interest... gotta find my starfleet uniforms now... Still. Gotta settle on a song.... this'll be difficult...

Hmmmm.......this sounds like a tough one....... But....ah! I can think of one song that might work for me...........

Oh man, what a great theme!
Off to find me a song!

When looking for a song I came across Jon’s Space Girl Song done for my season 55.
I liked it, so got my android to give it a go. Unluckily for you my android was programed by me and modelled on me as well. And it insisted on using the banjo ukulele.
I think the song is written by Peggy Seeger. I did change the gender to make it more of a Space Boy Song.
This will be a bonus please Max.

What a great theme, good luck with it! I think this week will definitely be a blast! I love Space Oddity.... Still battling the clock but will try to think of something and contribute. :)

Oh, what fun! Max, I adore you. Last night we were out at a wonderful live music show (second of two, actually!) until quite late, so we checked out the new Season on our phones. As usual, at first I could think of almost nothing, but within a minute, I was entirely distracted from the band on stage, my head was so abuzz with more excellent ideas than I could possibly do if the Season lasted a month. I typed them up as they surfaced, so I would remember later, and immediately messaged some potential collaborators. I am looking forward to some nerdy good fun this week. Eager to see what everyone brings.

Awesome theme Max. Thought I'd get one in quick, I've been wanting to do it for a while. Doesn't fit as well as other Bowie songs that I figured would be better done by others but a quick look at Wiki suggests some Sci-Fi influence to it, and I've added some spaced-out effects with my RP-45.

This'll just be a bonus though, I've got something better in mind too.

Best. Season. Ever.

As a bonus (to me, although not necessarily to you who might watch it) here is a recording I made a while back of the love theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Single raised eyebrow.

i love this theme, it's really out of this world!

:D

:uhoh:

look, someone had to say it

:p

here is my entry, "another girl another planet" by the only ones

Last edited:
Top Bottom