Uke Quilt : Anniversary present

Doc_J

Reaction score
My wife surprised me today on our 30th anniversary, with a uke quilt.
While it is not quite finished the top is nearly complete. It is gorgeous, and very special as she is making it for me. I'm a lucky guy.

P1060617_zps4c601dfe.jpg

That looks real nice!!! I don't have the kind of patience it takes to quilt, but I sure admire those who do it.

Oh my goodness, that is lovely!!! Yes, you are one lucky man!! Happy Anniversary!

What a great gift!

Congratulations Hodge on both your 30th anniversary and your beautiful new quilt. Your wife is very talented!

Cangrats hodge on your 30th anniversary....how cool man...wow happy strummings.. are those doves on there too?

Thanks for kind words folks.

Cangrats hodge on your 30th anniversary....how cool man...wow happy strummings.. are those doves on there too?

Some are doves, humming birds, swans, and I guess others must be song birds. :)

How wonderful! Thinking of it and doing it both are marvelous gifts.
Congratulations on 30 years of marriage!

"If music be the food of love, play on." Orsinio in Twelfth Night

Congrats....Happy Anniversary. That is a special gift.

How awesome is that, really beautiful. Congratulations on the 30th, obviously she is someone quite spiecal.

Now the big question, what are you getting her and how are you ever going to top that. Maybe buy her a nice John Kinnard or Covered Bridge tenor. Something in a wood selection she likes of course :p

What a beautiful anniversary gift!

My sister is a quilter, and loves giving them as gifts. She has given me more than one Coca-Cola themed quilt (another hobby of mine). I was looking at eBay one day, and found some ukulele fabric quilting squares. I bid on them on a whim, and won them very inexpensively.

I mentioned them to my sister, who was immediately thrilled with the idea. I gave them to her about a year ago, and promptly forgot about them. The last time I spoke with her, about a week ago, she told me the uke quilt is almost finished! She's coming to visit me in the next few days. Could it be time for me to have my own uke quilt? :D

I'll post pictures when it happens....

A beautiful and thoughtful gift to you both, Hodge! And when you want to take a short afternoon nap, just snuggle underneath without unmaking the bed! : )

Thank you for sharing this.

Top Bottom