Flamenco Ukulele?

jimdville

Reaction score
Flamenco guitarist Daniel Ward discusses transferring the style to the ukulele in this 3 Questions Interview posted on my site.

Great stuff. I was lucky to attend Daniels woekshop and thought it was awesome

Thanks! I will definitely check out it out when I'm at home. Anything flamenco on the uke is appreciated!

Petey

There's nothing you want to post here? You just want us all to visit your site? In which case, shouldn't this be in the "shameless self promotion" area?

I believe that in the past, the moderators have asked people not to post links in the Uke Talk forum. Jim posts notices of his latest "three questions" interviews in Uke Talk all the time. And there are some threads that appear in the Uke Talk forum that are less ukulele related than this thread.

Hi Jim, et al, The Flamenculele is alive and doing well in centrally isolated Pistol River, Oregon. It is made by Les Stansell.
www.lesstansellguitars.com. He has been an accomplished Flamenco Guitar maker for many years. His expertise of all aspects of successful building now comes in a tenor ukulele size.

I get nothing when I click on that Pistol River website.

I'm interested in all the uke makers in Oregon where I live. I'll be touring/camping this summer and would love to possibly pay a visit and maybe a purchase.

Regardless of where this is being posted, I for one value and appreciate all the work that Jim D'ville does to promote Ukulele.

Not only in his unique approach to playing by ear, but also in all the videos he does to expose us all to the contemporary artists that are moving the Ukulele forward...

Thanks Jim, and thank you Daniel for sharing your excellent technique and experience with Flamenco on the Ukulele.

Ivan

Daniel's flamenco uke workshop in Reno was my favorite of the festival. I think the flamenco strums and patterns work really well on the uke. He showed us the Sevillanas and some patterns to learn proper thumb strokes. Then on stage at the first nights concert, the guy played uke, guitar, bass, cajon, trumpet and was just...fantastic. He is a great musician.

Thanks for sharing, Jim!

I've been going to Daniel's Weekend Ukulele Warriors classes at McCabe's in Santa Monica (he co-leads the class along with Heidi Swederg). Seems like no matter what the week's topic is, there's always time for a little flamenco! Fun class.

Top Bottom