Martin OXK Vs S1

Vinson

Reaction score
Whats going on guys. I have a Martin OXK and it has been a great uke, but past the 7th fret, it starts sounding more and more like dead notes. I am looking for another uke that has a consistent sound all the way to the 12th fret. Is the S1 any better? Im open to other ukes besides Martin, just nothing made in China; my budget is $500. Thanks in advance!

-Vinson

Whats going on guys. I have a Martin OXK and it has been a great uke, but past the 7th fret, it starts sounding more and more like dead notes.

And when did you first notice the dead notes - at time of purchase or eventually?

I have both the Martin oxk and the s1. I really like the oxk but around the 7'th fret the strings seem to set high. I love the s1 as the set up is perfect and it sounds great.

I noticed it after about a week of playing, but it's due to me staying below the first few frets the first couple days getting a feel for it.

QUOTE=Peterjens;1523087]And when did you first notice the dead notes - at time of purchase or eventually?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply, I enjoy my OXK the only downfall is that its essentially useless after the 7th fret which is kind of a big deal for me. Ill give the S1 a try soon, just havent had a day off in a while!

Thats the problem, the strings just got broken in!

QUOTE=kkimura;1523101]Time for a string change?[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom