Oklahoma?

Reaction score
Hey fellow Oklahomans! Just wondering who else lives here and plays ukulele...
I haven't seen very many people here that play uke... haha

I live in Norman. Been playing 4 months or so. I recall reading about a poster in Stillwater and one other one, I think grand lake area or something.

Both of these were from the introductions thread and I don't read it regularly, so maybe we've got more posters here from OK.

The shop down the street from me sells a few Makala(IIRC) sopranos a year. Some of my guitar player friends have a uke. Nobody I know plays much though.

Whoa no way! I'm at OU! It's good to know that someone is here! Yeah I've been playing the uke for almost a year now, and the music store near campus only sold one ukulele-guitar (which I bought!), but they kind of think its a joke.

Sweet. I'm OU alumni. Raised up the road in OKC. I moved down here in 99 to start college and decided I like living down here better.

I'm trying to talk Norman Music(on Gray) into getting dealer status for one of the "K" brands. I don't think the demand is high enough though.

ukulele girl in okc

Hey I am in OKC and have been playing for 4 months. I cant find aonyone that play! Anyone interested in getting together to play?

Hey there! I'm in Stillwater. If you all decide to get together to play, let me know.

OKC Music & Sound in OKC doesn't carry the 4 K's, but they do carry Pono, Kala, and an occasional Collings. It's nice to be able to try out some decent ukes as an alternative to ordering over the Internet.

Here on UU there's a social group called the Mudd Dobbers comprised of players in OK. (But, not many folks post there.)

Oklahoma city

Hi all,
I'm from OKC.... I started the other thread for okc meetup... Robin at okc music has offered his store for a meeting place... He says Tues. or Thurs. evenings are best... he has a great selection of ukes there.... (I don't work for him!) Let's try to get something together if we can...

Bill

OKC Meetup

How about next Tuesday, Oct. 20th? If this is a good day for all, I'll ask Robin if this is also a good day for him... What time would be good for you folks? I'll need to know that I'm guessing before I talk with him... Let me hear from you!!!

Bill

How about next Tuesday, Oct. 20th? If this is a good day for all, I'll ask Robin if this is also a good day for him... What time would be good for you folks? I'll need to know that I'm guessing before I talk with him... Let me hear from you!!!

Bill

I think the day is good let me see first.

OKC meeting

Please keep us appraised on the activities via this forum. I am living in Broken Arrow and at this time I don't expect to be able to get to the meeting.

Ralph

Mudd Dobbers

I see that someone started a club called Mudd Dobbers, based in OKC. They must really like wasps!! I just looked at it and saw that there was some attempt at organization for the past half year. That is good news for the local uke players.

It seems that there are two competing threads in this forum -- the regional one here, and the Mudd Dobbers.

Should not the OKC folks settle on one of the two so that those interested could easily focus on one or the other?

If I can get something going in the Tulsa area (probably less likely than in the greater population of the metro area of OKC) then I would start a club similar to the OKC one, but for the Tulsa regional area.

I see that the store in OKC has a lot of ukes on the wall. That is something that is not available in the greater Dallas area, except for Noel and her internet only shop. That should be good for local uke exposure too. Nothing beats a shop for evaluating the next purchase.

Ralph

I see that someone started a club called Mudd Dobbers, based in OKC. They must really like wasps!! I just looked at it and saw that there was some attempt at organization for the past half year. That is good news for the local uke players.

It seems that there are two competing threads in this forum -- the regional one here, and the Mudd Dobbers.

Should not the OKC folks settle on one of the two so that those interested could easily focus on one or the other?

If I can get something going in the Tulsa area (probably less likely than in the greater population of the metro area of OKC) then I would start a club similar to the OKC one, but for the Tulsa regional area.

I see that the store in OKC has a lot of ukes on the wall. That is something that is not available in the greater Dallas area, except for Noel and her internet only shop. That should be good for local uke exposure too. Nothing beats a shop for evaluating the next purchase.

Ralph

I think that the Mudd Dobbers group being formed in OKC is named after the Mudd Dobbers social group here on UU.

I think it's reasonable to look at forming a second group to serve the greater Tulsa area. I'm one of those fortunate ones that could participate in both groups (time permitting), since OKC and Tulsa are about the same distance from Stillwater.

Have fun tonight - I am not going to be able to make it up from Tulsa either. But please let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom