Oregon Ukes

Icelander53

Reaction score
I'll be out and about in Oregon this summer camping and such and would love to visit some of the Uke makers in Oregon and maybe pick up a new one or two. If you live here and or know of a uke builder in the state or maybe Northern Cal as I live down on the border I'd love to put them on my list of places to visit.

Kerry Char in NE Portland is a great builder. Always fun to visit his shop.

Mya-Moe is located just north of Oregon in southern Washington. Somewhere on their website (or maybe in one of their videos) they ask visitors to call before dropping in, since they don't keep regular shop hours and their workplace is also their home. Then again, they have so many videos on their website, it's easy to "visit" them without ever leaving home.

:drool: That might go on the list. My gf can afford something in that price range and then I can inherit her Pono. :iwant:

A quick internet search yields Brad Donaldson in Cannon Beach, SpruceHouse Ukuleles in Eugene, Les Stansell in your area, plus some luthiers in the Medford and Ashland area.

Hmmmm...I was down your way on Sunday. I had my quilted maple concert made by Darryl Hansen of Salem with me. He is a good builder. Michael Edge is down the Springfield area.541-653-8061. Jeff Weitzel 541-484-3805 does banjos ..
Salem also has Kenneth Senn on Market street 503-871-4824 makes nice ukes!! There is a fellow in our Thursday evening uke group who also builds nice stuff reasonably priced. While you are in the area, stop and get your PEGHEDS from me. 503-730-2484 (salem)

Thanks for all the great leads. I'll be trying to check on them all over the summer. I may get to some of them in person.

Not quite Oregon, but Ebi ukuleles in in Ryderwood, WA. Not too far off I-5 (according to the map) and not too far north of the Oregon border. I've been following them on FB and Howard builds some very pretty ukes.

Nick

Definitely check out Covered Bridge!

Top Bottom