FS: 2003 Hand Built Mele Mahogany 6-String Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdano

Reaction score
I'm selling off a couple of ukes to help finance a transmission rebuild on my old BMW. This is a 2003 Hand built Mele 6-string tenor with a solid mahogany body and neck. Ebony binding, fingerboard, nut and bridge with rope inlay around the sides. It has very nice 18 to 1 geared tuners and a non-adjustable truss rod. I bought this uke to try a six string and almost immediately changed the octave paired strings to unison instead of octave tuning. I play primarily fingerstyle and no configuration of octave tuning worked for me. I guess I should have realized these were more for strumming. The uke sounds amazing, maybe a bit brighter than most mahogany topped ukes, plenty loud, and if there were a reasonable way to set it up with four strings I would do that. These usually sell for over $600 so this one is a great deal. Very good condition for an 11 year old with no cracks of any kind, just finish swirls, a few minor scratches and something funny with the finish around the neck joint. Structurally, it's perfect with a nice flat top and beautiful streaking in the ebony fingerboard. No case or bag, but I'll package it well so there are no worries. Sorry, but I can only ship to CONUS. USPS Priority Mail shipping included in the price. Thanks for looking. $260 firm, no trades.
m1.jpgm2.jpgm3.jpgm4.jpgm5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm selling off a couple of ukes to help finance a transmission rebuild on my old BMW. This is a 2003 Hand built Mele 6-string tenor with a solid mahogany body and neck. Ebony binding, fingerboard, nut and bridge with rope inlay around the sides. It has very nice 18 to 1 geared tuners and a non-adjustable truss rod. I bought this uke to try a six string and almost immediately changed the octave paired strings to unison instead of octave tuning. I play primarily fingerstyle and no configuration of octave tuning worked for me. I guess I should have realized these were more for strumming. The uke sounds amazing, maybe a bit brighter than most mahogany topped ukes, plenty loud, and if there were a reasonable way to set it up with four strings I would do that. These usually sell for over $600 so this one is a great deal. Very good condition for an 11 year old with no cracks of any kind, just finish swirls, a few minor scratches and something funny with the finish around the neck joint. Structurally, it's perfect with a nice flat top and beautiful streaking in the ebony fingerboard. No case or bag, but I'll package it well so there are no worries. Sorry, but I can only ship to CONUS. USPS Priority Mail shipping included in the price. Thanks for looking. $280 firm, no trades.
View attachment 66754View attachment 66755View attachment 66756View attachment 66757View attachment 66758
What part of SC?

Anyone interested in a 6 string tenor couldn't possibly get one as good as this for that kind of money. These things sound gorgeous and well balanced. I also happen to think they look gorgeous too. Wish prospective buyers could hear this uke live. They have a great, full, woody tone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom