FS: Vintage Martin Style 1 (late 40's)

julie

Reaction score
I have a Vintage Martin Style 1 (late 40's) for sale. According to the Martin book (and help from coolkayaker1, we're pretty sure it's a 1946-47 model due to the unique tuning pegs and what I think are bar frets. If not, it's a 1947-48. It's in extremely fine condition with only a few little marks and dings here and there as would be expected from an almost 70 year old instrument. There are no deep scratches or cracks (repaired or otherwise) that I can find. There is a hump/bump on the back that according to the person I purchased it from has always been there. You can't see it unless you look at it in just the right light. One of the attached images does show it.

I recently bought this from a lady who had purchased it from the original owner who barely played it when he purchased it in the early 50's.

It's a very nice instrument and sounds great. It's just not my thing. It's my 2nd shot at a vintage Martin and I've decided I prefer newer instruments over vintage.

It comes with a hard case.

Asking $700 INCLUDING shipping/insurance to anywhere in the CONUS.

Attachments

• martin11.jpg
    martin11.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 218
  • martin1.jpg
    martin1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 179
  • martin2.jpg
    martin2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 206
  • martin7.jpg
    martin7.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 161
  • martin8.jpg
    martin8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
That thing is immaculate! Almost makes me wish I played sopranos.

That is an amazing ukulele. A 65 year old Martin with nary a crack, chipped out bridge, lost tuner--it looks like it was made yesterday.

And a Style 1...gotta love tortoise binding!

This will fly, Julie. Someone will be super happy. :)

beautiful uke, probably the early T frets. good deal if no other defects. any detailed photo on the 'bump' (if possible )?

Jim,

That next to the last image on the first post is the only image I can get of the 'bump'. If you look at the uke in any other light, you'd not even see it and you can barely feel it.

Beautiful indeed. Ah, if only I had the funds for it...

Someone needs ri pick this up quick please...

Can't believe this hasn't sold yet! If I was in the US and had the funds I would be all over it. Beautiful uke!

yes I have also a bari... vid to come tomorrow wit the soprano, the same as on this post (but from the '60). Fantastic instrument ;-)

BUMP! I am now including shipping and insurance with the asking price of $700.

If you're interested, please PM me soon as I'll be out of town starting this Saturday 5/24 and won't be able to ship anything until 6/2.

Top Bottom