Eddy Finn Minnow

gatorglenn

Reaction score
Hi,

My daughter is an Elementary School teacher teaching music to K-5 grade. She has been teaching 3, 4, and 5th graders the Ukulele. She was able to get 20 student model ukuleles donated to her school which started her out. Then with 4 or 5 other assorted Ukes that were borrowed she has been able to get Ukes in all of their hands. She has an afternoon Music Club that plays Ukuleles. They have a concert in Jacksonville Saturday(5/17)!

She is in need of more decent Ukuleles for school. The kids seem to love the colored ones. Does anybody have the Eddy Finn Minnow? There is a 6 pack of them in various colors for $199.

Please let me know if you think the Minnows would be a good choice or if there is a better choice for $30 to $35 each. Money is tight at school and she will probably end up buying these herself.

Thanks,
Glenn

I guess maybe I should have posted this in Buying Tips. Can it be moved there?

I did find some talk there about the Minnow Ukuleles.

Thanks,
Glenn

The Makala Dolphin would probably be a better bet. You'll probably be able to get a deal on a bunch of them if you buy them at the same time. There are a few dealers on UU who might be able to cherry pick half a dozen good ones out of a batch.

How very cool! I was an elementary music teacher/band director in my previous life. I would have loved to teach ukulele to my classes. I wish her a ton of luck! I have also heard good things about the dolphins.

Wow, this is really cool!

Oh, and by the way, the Makala Dolphin, the Mainland Gecko, and probably many other similarly-priced ukuleles are all pretty much the same, and often made at the same shops in China.

Not that there is anything wrong with them, just that it is unlikely that you will get a "better" one from one brand versus another. If you find a vendor or a company that is willing to work with you, then you might do better to just take what they can get for you. I know that my (former) local ukulele shop had programs for schools and for troops in Afghanistan, so sniff around and you might find something. Good luck!

Top Bottom