Baritone Uke Resources

WKerrigan

Reaction score
So I've only been playing the ukulele for for about seven months, but came across a too good to pass up deal on a Mainland Mahogany Baritone Ukulele on the local craigslist. I had to buy it for myself as an early birthday present. Now it might have been foolish to pick up a uke with different tuning this early in my ukulele journey (will I start to confuse Baritone and GCEA chords as I switch back and forth?) but I love this instrument, its incredible quality and the beautiful sound it makes. Can anyone recommend good internet/book/ebook sources for mastering the Baritone Uke? Baritone Uke songbooks? On my GCEA ukes, the chords that give me the most trouble tend to be the E and B chords; on the Baritone that translates to the B and F chords, so I'm trying to start my journey with songs that mostly avoid those. I did find this nice list of songs, with Baritone fingering printed at the bottom of each by googling "easy baritone ukulele songs." Any other suggestions?

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php?show=details&songid=201408

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php?show=details&songid=201408

Last edited:
Chord shapes are chord shapes; different tunings just gives them different names. If you're tunig to key of G a great set of strings are the Southcoast Hl-sw's. It'll liven thta bari up bigtime. I have a set of his HML-CM's on my Webber tuned to Bb and love the steel string sound they have.

Haven't tried the HI SW's or the HML-CM's. However I am now playing the LL-NW's from SC, and they are really sweet on the Baritone. More and more baritone options all the time. Enjoy

PS: They are tuned low G. JJFN

Last edited:
I received my baritone uke this past Christmas. The following are some resources I found.

Barried DoGBonE The archive to Humble Baritonics mentioned above.

Baritonics - Music Student Notes

ezFolk Baritone Uke Chords

Hep Kitten's Bari-Uke Blog

Howie Mudge YouTube has bari uke lessons

Kukana's Uke Klub baritone arrangements

Ukulele Helper Chord finder and scales. You can change the tuning by clicking the links over the headstock

Ukulele Play Along You can change the tuning in the upper left

Ukulele Tabs Tabs & Chords can choose baritone

I bought the following, used on eBay. I have mostly used the first two. I plan on starting the fourth soon.

Mel Bay's Bariton Uke Chords In Photo Diagram Form (so you know what it should look like)

(Mel Bay) Baritone Ukulele Scales by Lee "Drew" Andrews

(Hal Leonard) Baritone Ukulele Chord Finder (Over 1000 Ukulele Chords)

(Hal Leonard) Baritone Ukulele Book 1 Ukulele by Lil' Rev - has a CD with backing/play along tracks. I don't know of a Book 2 in this series.

Top Bottom