Aquila FLUOCRISTAL ukulele strings . Coming soon !

I'd love to try them, Mimmo! How would you describe the sound compared to the Nylguts and Red Series?

Hi Gillian, guys
I do this material myself so I am aware of course that I want a real musical string and not something else.
The implication here are the extra ingredients added to the PVDF polymer
What I can say right now is that these strings are very very transparent , they has a very low gauge tolerance and are well balanced in each set . This because I can do all the gauges I want by extrusion
This is a big advantage upon the standard gauges available in the market because these follow the fishing line ' s gauging criteria and so they do not meet the ukulele necessity completely
That's it.
Low g... I do not exactly what to do. Maybe a standard wound string...
New envelopes also...
I am aware that i am introducing another kind of string and this make things more complicate for you guys but I must say that the fluocarbon was one of my goal.
Done in my way. In other worlds...NO fishing line style
The sound ? It is hard to describe. Fluocarbon style however ...
Cheers
Mimmo

Last edited:
You dis'n my fishin' line, man! :)

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to trying these, for sure.

John

:drool: Eagerly awaiting further developments. :drool:

I am really looking forward to these as well! Mimmo please think about a way to do a plain, non-wound low G. I would really enjoy a set like that. Also, a six-string set with Low G and Low A and no wound strings - that would be my dream!

I am really looking forward to these as well! Mimmo please think about a way to do a plain, non-wound low G. I would really enjoy a set like that. Also, a six-string set with Low G and Low A and no wound strings - that would be my dream!

My dream as well.

View attachment 66802

Coming soon: july, maybe before....I do not know exactly.
this is our handmade fluocarbon. So transparent ...
No fishing line converted in musical strings . This is a real string
Stay tuned
Mimmo

I am looking forward to these strings.

I'm getting ready to change strings on my Donaldson Concert, my Cordoba tenor, and my Rosewood Ohana Vita Uke, so if you would like someone to test them, then I'd be happy to be a tester! (the Aquila Red test video I did is currently my Most Viewed YouTube video!)

-Kurt​

Mimmo - To those of us with SCO, you're like the drug dealer who says, "Kid, wait till you try what I'll have next week..." ;-)

By the way, I'm a big fan of your reformulated Aquila Red strings!

Last edited:
Can we get re-entrant high D baritone dGBE's?
Congrats on the new strings. I'm sure they'll be great!

well, I actually do not know if a unwound strings is suitable.
I di the red series only and not just thick fluocarbon ones. however the coparation between a red series low G with a fluocarbon strings has the result that the red is better. The problem is also the colour contrast between the red and the cristal upper strings. I will think what to do.
at present I will do soprano, concerto, tenor an baritone only. ( ans calssical guitar of course)
no banjouke and no any 6 & 8 string ukuleles. there are already the unwound sets with the red instead the wound strings and it is superb. ( I fixed the breackage problems two months ago)
Bye
Mimmo

Well, here is a vote for using a wound Aquila low G with this new set. I have swapped out strings on three tenors using the Aquila wound Low G. Two have Worth Clears and the third has Living Waters. All three sound and play with clear tone and balance. I understand that the wound G will not last as long as a FC G, but given the combination of tone and tension, it is well worth the cost to swap out a string every month or so. The Aquila wound G is a keeper.

Last edited:
Will be looking forward to trying them out . . .

Top Bottom