New member from Hull, UK

DazW

Reaction score
Hi all, new member from Hull, UK. After playing the guitar for around 15 years, I got my first ukulele 3 years ago:D and immediately fell in love with it. I don't even own a guitar now and only play my uke.
Love to watch YouTube vids of Aldrine G, Jake S and Ken Middleton. I don't actually know anyone else who owns a ukulele so UU looks like a good place to get advice, tips and basically share my obsession. Thanks for taking the time to view this post :D

Last edited:
Hello from sunny York. Get youself over to the Great Northern Ukulele Festival in Huddersfield in September - you might meet a few more players there...:D

Greetings and welcome. Mele's sweet little ukes.

Hello from sunny York. Get youself over to the Great Northern Ukulele Festival in Huddersfield in September - you might meet a few more players there...:D

Thank you, I hope to get there in September. Would be nice to meet some like minded people. Cheers

Thanks for the greeting Phil, much appreciated. Yes Mele do make some stunning ukes, shame they're hard to come by in the UK, unless you're willing to pay import charges etc which puts the price up a bit. Fantastic value for money

Thank you. Not a big footy fan myself but my family are so I hope they do well. Cheers

A long time ago, I was from Hull...the City of Culture 2017!!!

Check out the Hull Ukulele Group and the Beverly Ukulele Group that meets every Monday in the Sun Inn across from the Minster.

I visited family in Hull last year and attended both these groups and had lovely time. Ukuleles and good Yorkshire ale ...Cheers!

A long time ago, I was from Hull...the City of Culture 2017!!!

Check out the Hull Ukulele Group and the Beverly Ukulele Group that meets every Monday in the Sun Inn across from the Minster.

I visited family in Hull last year and attended both these groups and had lovely time. Ukuleles and good Yorkshire ale ...Cheers!

Hi Gillian, you're the first person I've heard of to move from Hull to California! That's some move, if my wife had her wish we'd be living in Vegas! I also have my little girl constantly telling me we need to go to L.A so she can meet the guys from icarly and victorious ( nickelodeon kids tv shows so I'm told). Hopefully get there on hols some day. I'll certainly check out the Hull ukuleke group, thanks for your message.

Hi Daz, greetings from the other side of the Humber :D

Hi there, thanks for the greeting. So many great people on here, it still surprises me every time someone takes the time to say hello. Maybe there's hope for the world yet! Cheers

Welcome to UU! Was in London and Middlesex for quite a while!

Good to see you on UU. Relax. Kick your shoes off. Set a spell.

Top Bottom