I was wondering why Vietnamese ukuleles weren't being listed on eBay.

Last time I checked, there were a couple of Vietnamese sellers on eBay.

The main guys, Taisamlu and Bruceweiart have nothing listed. Bruceweiart had a really limited range listed for a while but they are gone now. Anyone else is selling older stock. Based on the attacks against Chinese nationals in Vietnam I think they are withdrawing their services as middle men or may have even had their factories attacked.

Its a nasty conflict brewing.

Anthony

Thanks. Interesting. I deliberately search for world wide listings so I wonder why they are being blocked in Australia.

Anthony

What a shame.....why can't we all just play our ukes and get along?
I have a Veitnamese ukulele, a Moku, and I love it.....

Someone posted some overpriced vietnamese junk on here a couple of months back. Most of that stuff looks to me as though they've filled a pickup with fake-koa ukes and reversed into an abalone factory.

Chuck can do bling. Kanile'a can do bling. Ko'olau can do bling. Everyone else needs to stop trying (IMO).

There is someone in the UK flogging off Bruce Wei ukes over the past 8 weeks or so, he seems to be struggling a bit to move them on. I am personally not drawn to them - but each to their own. Plus there are regular ebay ads direct from the Vietnam makers on the UK ebay site as well.

Last edited:

Hoosierhiver without a beard, during his short-lived movie career (I told him "What Dreams May Come" was a s** script! But did he listen?).

I've been in touch with Bruce Wei the last couple of weeks about getting a custom uke made. I won a mandolele on an eBay auction from his store a couple of months ago for $51 US, pretty but not all that well made. He tells me that those ukes are built by other people and he allows them to sell through his site. He focuses on custom builds.

Top Bottom