PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

Wilfros
05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello. I started ukulele about 2 months ago. I would love to know what is offered if you join (and pay) for the resources at Ukulele Underground featuring Aldrine Guerrero.

I have tried some of his demonstrations available to everyone, What I would like to know is what are you going to have access to as a payed member.

Thank you

Wilfros

Spud1$
05-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Well I joined and there is a ton of information on it. I still haven't figured out the order I should follow and I seem to jump from one subject to another. I waited until I had been working on my uke for about 6 months before I started and in some ways that was good because some portions are still like another language so more makes sense now. On the other hand had I started earlier I might have progressed faster. IDK if I were to critique it I would suggest an order to follow however I am a technological nit wit and it may all be there and I just haven't figured it out.

philrab66
05-18-2014, 10:40 AM
If you are going to put a lot of time into it it is worth the money. I found I was to busy to get the most out of it. The lessons are like in a classroom environment he does the lesson on a whiteboard. The lessons where done a few years back they streamed them live. I personally think they need updating because the quality is not that good.
Aldrine is a very good teacher with a terrific sense of humour. If I where you I would learn a bit of music theory before you join up otherwise you may get a bit lost. There is some interesting content. You only have to sign up for a month then you can cancel and rejoin anytime.
Phil.

peaceweaver3
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
The general idea if you're a beginner or think you might be, is to start with Ukulele 101, 102, and what you need/want after that. There's music theory for uke, blues, and Hawaiian. The Hawaiian is really interesting, but I wouldn't suggest it to a beginner.

Also, in the Seminars section, is a 3-part series titled something like How to Figure out Songs on the Ukulele. I'm really enjoying that, because it offers tools no matter what style of music you like. That way you can learn songs you know and like.

Personally I like UU+ because it's not about learning a set list of songs. Technique is taught, but in ways that you can apply it to your own playing. If you're just wanting to play from tab, etc, it might take some getting used to. However, I think in the long run Aldrine's approach of giving tools rather than rules is beneficial and fun.

Wilfros
05-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. IT really is something for me to consider once I get some time under my belt as it where.