Bummed I missed the Tiny Tenor for sale

steel rider

Reaction score
Not that I should be buying one but I would have. I need to visit UU on the regular!

Bummed I missed the Tiny Tenor for sale

Not that I should be buying one but I would have. I need to visit UU on the regular!

It went fast; I noticed it, too.

Me too, but in retrospect I feel they are overpriced although very nice!

Why do you feel they are overpriced? I'm not challenging your opinion; I'm considering one, but wonder if it is worth $500 (and I can't play one before buying).

I know Daniel Ho, and I also know about the Romeros. Trust me, these are very well made with a lot,of thought In quality, sound, projection and intonation. This was a joint design project between Daniel Ho and Pepe Romero Jr.

As a 6 Grammy winning composer and musician. Daniel is a stickler for intonation up the fretboard. And while these are factory made, I have tried several and find them of consistent good quality.

Aside from the consistent quality, keep in mind that the tiny design is unique, they have a small comfortable body, but because of the non s shaped design they have a nice sound projection along with the tenor scale.

If they were luthier made, they would be comparable to 3000+ ukulele... (Which is what Pepe's hand made instruments go for)

So from what I know and my limited testing of a few, I think they are very fairly priced.

I don't own one because I simply have too many other ukes in that price range and just can't justify one. Otherwise it would be up there on my wall... Don't get me wrong I was actually tempted on the one that just sold, except that I'm not a big fan of spruce tops. I prefer cedar or mahogany.

Last edited:
Well, I bought the Koa model here from a forum member and I love it. I have been playing for almost a year, so perhaps I don't have enough experience to review a Uke but I read all the reviews and I think this little beauty gets very high marks!

I was referring to the MSRP. The smaller size would be of no benefit to me. Nice box for sure!

Ha! I will have to check that out!.

Actually I just traveled with my concert. It wasn't too bad to put in my backpack (though not perfect) but I found myself wanting the tenor. I may just sell the smaller ukes and buy a used or blem TT (asked on the FB page). But realistically a tenor Fluke is half the price so...

That's why they have a Marketplace subscription box - click on Thread Tools and the link appears. Not that I have first-hand experience with this. :D

Top Bottom