Selling/Donating Ukes

JayMadison

Reaction score
I currently have two ukes, one I got to see if i'd like it and one I got because I did and wanted something that felt cooler. I'm curious how you guys sell off your old/not favorite ukes.

Sell or trade here on UU Marketplace, Fleamarket Music Marketplace, and of course ebay. There's a member here that runs a uke club for native American kids up in Alaska that makes good use of donations.

Awesome, I didn't realize there was a market place. I'd gladly donate to someone who could make use of them, do you know the member's name?

He had a different name before, but I think he goes by Yukon Cornelius now.

For donations you can also check local resources. My first uke donation was to a music festival that gives away instruments to kids. Just recently I dropped off several ukes at a local hospital for the kids. They turned me on to a free clinic for inner city kids that will probably be the next place I donate to. Unless you live on Mars there are probably plenty of local charities that would be delighted to have your gently used ukuleles.

Honestly, if you only have two ukes, it's not yet time to divest yourself of one. You never know when you might break a string and want the luxury of not having to replace it immediately because you have another one you can play.

It's nice to have a "beater" uke that you can take anywhere without worrying about it.

And it's nice to have a uke you can let a friend borrow if they express interest. :)

Sell or trade here on UU Marketplace, Fleamarket Music Marketplace, and of course ebay. There's a member here that runs a uke club for native American kids up in Alaska that makes good use of donations.

I do. Lol. I do. I also trade. And sell. And donate.

I currently have two ukes, one I got to see if i'd like it and one I got because I did and wanted something that felt cooler. I'm curious how you guys sell off your old/not favorite ukes.

Try sell but if you want to donate I do take them. I've bought Ukes and had Ukes donated over there years. I could always use a few more and I'm willing to pay as well. This year I had 12 kids participate in my uke club. Next year I have 13 interested.
Anyways let me know. My previous name was haolejohn if you want to check me out. All Ukes donated are actually given to students. I only keep the ones I've bought. I started doing a uke club at schools I taught at in GA and once I moved up here I continued. Main difference is the poverty level of my students up here. They are very musically inclined but very few instruments in te village.

Top Bottom