PDA

View Full Version : Selling/Donating Ukes

JayMadison
05-18-2014, 05:14 AM
I currently have two ukes, one I got to see if i'd like it and one I got because I did and wanted something that felt cooler. I'm curious how you guys sell off your old/not favorite ukes.

PhilUSAFRet
05-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Sell or trade here on UU Marketplace, Fleamarket Music Marketplace, and of course ebay. There's a member here that runs a uke club for native American kids up in Alaska that makes good use of donations.

JayMadison
05-18-2014, 05:26 AM
Awesome, I didn't realize there was a market place. I'd gladly donate to someone who could make use of them, do you know the member's name?

KoaDependent
05-18-2014, 05:59 AM
He had a different name before, but I think he goes by Yukon Cornelius now.

Phluffy the Destroyer
05-18-2014, 08:38 PM
For donations you can also check local resources. My first uke donation was to a music festival that gives away instruments to kids. Just recently I dropped off several ukes at a local hospital for the kids. They turned me on to a free clinic for inner city kids that will probably be the next place I donate to. Unless you live on Mars there are probably plenty of local charities that would be delighted to have your gently used ukuleles.

itsme
05-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Honestly, if you only have two ukes, it's not yet time to divest yourself of one. You never know when you might break a string and want the luxury of not having to replace it immediately because you have another one you can play.

It's nice to have a "beater" uke that you can take anywhere without worrying about it.

And it's nice to have a uke you can let a friend borrow if they express interest. :)

Yukon Cornelius
05-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Sell or trade here on UU Marketplace, Fleamarket Music Marketplace, and of course ebay. There's a member here that runs a uke club for native American kids up in Alaska that makes good use of donations.

I do. Lol. I do. I also trade. And sell. And donate.

Yukon Cornelius
05-18-2014, 11:05 PM
I currently have two ukes, one I got to see if i'd like it and one I got because I did and wanted something that felt cooler. I'm curious how you guys sell off your old/not favorite ukes.

Try sell but if you want to donate I do take them. I've bought Ukes and had Ukes donated over there years. I could always use a few more and I'm willing to pay as well. This year I had 12 kids participate in my uke club. Next year I have 13 interested.
Anyways let me know. My previous name was haolejohn if you want to check me out. All Ukes donated are actually given to students. I only keep the ones I've bought. I started doing a uke club at schools I taught at in GA and once I moved up here I continued. Main difference is the poverty level of my students up here. They are very musically inclined but very few instruments in te village.