For Sale: Ono Cherry Tenor “School” style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: Ono Cherry Tenor “School” style

Solid cherry tenor with unique Fluke-style body built by David Ingalls, at Ono Ukuleles. The body wood is beautiful quarter sawn cherry. The neck is Honduras mahogany with a rosewood fretboard and bridge, bone saddle and nut. The beautiful rosette is ebony and Red Mallee burl. Numerous coats of Tru-Oil created the beautiful natural looking un-filled pore finish.

It is currently strung low G with SC mediums and an Aquila low g.
No issues with this uke. While not new it has been gently played and is in great condition. See pictures. Here is a short review i did of this uke.
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?85626-Short-initial-review-of-Ono-School-tenor-in-cherry

This is a great sounding uke by an excellent builder. The perfection of the workmanship is outstanding. Tough to part with, but I’m selling a few ukes to reduce my uke collection.

It sounds wonderful in low g, here is a sound sample.
https://app.box.com/s/mwdn0nh5c1a6qfc5dx2s

No Case or bag, but will be padded, double boxed, and well packed.
SOLD, shipped Con US, UPS Ground.

P1060597_zpsada58c9c.jpg

P1060596_zps14656d8f.jpg

P1060591_zps41351279.jpg

P1060593_zps758efad7.jpg

Last edited:
I would be sorely tempted by this if I wasn't on David's list for a 16" myrtle version of this.

Doc has impeccable taste in his ukes. I played this one on a visit and it is lovely.

Glenn, this is really worth it! You know Hodge has a very high quality tenor collection. Yes, go for it...

Everything Hodge has put up recently, I want to buy. I want to buy this. I really wanted to buy that Scott Wise. And then I look at my uke room practically bursting at the seams... but yeah. This is pretty as hell. I wonder if it would fit in a Fluke hardcase? It looks to have similar dimensions. Or a Fremont case?

Must... stop.. thinking... about... how... to... store.. uke... I... am... (probably)...not... going.. to... buy.......

Thanks Glenn, Ginny and Rich.

BTW The uke does fit in a Fremont tenor case or a baritone case/gigbag. ;)

Just curious (sadly, not interested in buying because I'm still dirt poor from the last uke-spending spree xD), how much did this set you back when you first got it? It looks like a magnificent uke!

This looks beautiful. Could you run it thru the washer on high and shrink it down to concert size?

We have an Ono in the house and it's fantastic. There's been much discussion of this uke, but neither of us wants another tenor.

Someone is going to get a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom