Have you played a Cordoba 22T (solid spruce top tenor)?

DaveY

Reaction score
opinions on Cordoba 22T (solid spruce top tenor)?

. . . and if so, how would you describe it, including strengths/weaknesses?

I'm thinking of getting either that or something else (Tiny Tenor).

I would play it unamplified (outdoors at times) as well as amped (with a MiSi). But I'm more interested in hearing opinions on how it sounds and plays acoustically. I have heard several online samples, but I never trust them completely due to varying factors in the recording and playing. Thanks . . .

Last edited:
I've played a 22T albeit very briefly. I did own a 35TS (the 35-series, incidentally, were designed in collaboration with Pepe Romero who also designed the Tiny Tenor with Daniel Ho). I can say that in my opinion the Cordoba's in general are great values. They tend toward bright and have excellent volume. Be sure to buy from a reputable dealer who does real setup work. I actually has a few of the 32T's but the necks had fret issues. They let me trade full credit for the 35TS which I really enjoyed. I tried low G (linear) tuning but it was too boomy.

The Tiny Tenor is another excellent uke for the money. I have not played or heard one re-entrant, but I've played several with linear tuning which is how it is originally set up. The Cordoba certainly has great projection, but that's not surprising given the larger body.

If you only play re-entrant, that might give the nod to the Cordoba.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I've played a 22T albeit very briefly. I did own a 35TS (the 35-series, incidentally, were designed in collaboration with Pepe Romero who also designed the Tiny Tenor with Daniel Ho). I can say that in my opinion the Cordoba's in general are great values. They tend toward bright and have excellent volume. Be sure to buy from a reputable dealer who does real setup work. I actually has a few of the 32T's but the necks had fret issues. They let me trade full credit for the 35TS which I really enjoyed. I tried low G (linear) tuning but it was too boomy.

The Tiny Tenor is another excellent uke for the money. I have not played or heard one re-entrant, but I've played several with linear tuning which is how it is originally set up. The Cordoba certainly has great projection, but that's not surprising given the larger body.

If you only play re-entrant, that might give the nod to the Cordoba.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Thanks, UkuEd. Are you including the 22T when you write that Cordobas have "great volume"? Or just the 35T (which I realize is all-solid and at least twice the price)? I'm looking for a tenor to keep re-entrant (and maybe busk with unamplified, in addition to probably having a pickup in it), as I already have two tenors in low G.

My time with the 22T was limited but I recall being impressed by both tone and volume for the price point.

One other point I'll mention that could affect your decision favorably or negatively is Cordoba's tend to have a bit wider fretboard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom