G-string Koa Tenor For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
Here's a like new G-String koa tenor recently purchased. I've had a Kamaka and KoAloha and my experience with this one has been every bit as good. It sounds great and the build quality is superb. This uke comes with the case pictured and is currently strung with Worth Clear high G. I also have the Hilo set that came with it with the wound C.

$690 shipped.

Attachments

• DSC_0679.jpg
    DSC_0679.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0680.jpg
    DSC_0680.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0681.jpg
    DSC_0681.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0683.jpg
    DSC_0683.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 67
Any intonation problems?
Not to slam G-String or anything. James Hill plays one and so do I. They are very well made. However, I had problems with intonation on my Tenor G-String. Had to bring the bridge forward almost an 1/8" of an inch to get it correct...e.lo..

Last edited:
Not to slam G-String or anything. James Hill plays one and so do I. They are very well made. However, I had problems with intonation on my Tenor G-String. Had to bring the bridge forward almost an 1/8" of an inch to get it correct...e.lo..
I'm assuming you or your luthier checked this, but are you sure the saddle wasn't mounted backwards? I had intonation problems on my DeVine concert and thought I was going to have to move the bridge until I tried reversing the saddle. That moved the point of contact with the strings almost 1/8" and fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you or your luthier checked this, but are you sure the saddle wasn't mounted backwards? I had intonation problems on my DeVine concert and thought I was going to have to move the bridge until I tried reversing the saddle. That moved the point of contact with the strings almost 1/8" and fixed the problem.
I wish it would have been as simple as that. No saddle switching, no point-of-contact, no string brand changing could (would) solve this problem. Don't want to get into a personal skill level discussion of how I know it was off. Deach should just take it as another point of interest to the intonation concerns..e.lo..

I'm assuming you or your luthier checked this, but are you sure the saddle wasn't mounted backwards?.

I've seen this done on a couple of KoAlohas I've had and I guess it was a quick fix because the intonation was good. I'll have to look at the saddle if switching it would make a big difference. As it is now, it intonates pretty good until the 10th fret.

Any intonation problems?

I'm glad Deach asked about it. After changing the strings to Worth Clears I had not checked the intonation. I would have returned the uke if the intonation was like that with the Worths. It came strung with Hilos originally which intonated fine which is why kept the uke. I then swapped them for D'darrio's and they were good to. I just put the D'darrio's back on and at the 12th fret it's flat approx -2.5 - 5 per my tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom