PDA

View Full Version : I made a banjo ukulele tutorial video!

johnnyfoodstamp
05-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Learn the 12th St. Rag and 6 fun strums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozrVxAEPGk4

kwall
05-20-2014, 01:36 PM
good vid, thanks for all the different patterns i like it

jasontaulbee
05-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Fantastic! Thanks a million, bud!!! This is gonna help me tons. I appreciate your sharing, and you are a helluva banjolele player to boot.

Maguwa
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Awesome man! Looking forward to part 2. Keep it up! :D

fynger
05-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks...will give this a try

lakesideglenn
05-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Great stuff Johnny! I've got an old Maybelle banjo Uke that I never really bonded with and was gonna sell. I think I'll give it another go now.
Cheers!

johnnyfoodstamp
05-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Thank you everyone so much! And if anything is unclear in the video or you guys have any tips on how to make Part 2 the best it can be then I'm all ears. But thanks so much for watching!!!!

librainian
05-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Very cool. I just got my first banjo uke so this will be a great first try on it.

You asked for some comments - I particularly like how you cover the strum and then use that related to a particular section and repeat it several times. That really helps show how it fit and is used in the song.

I noticed that HD 720p was available but it did not seem to improve the video quality.

Finally I would say if you could make an effort to play it a little slower on the first go round and then normal speed that would make it much easier I think.

OVerall though outstanding tutorial. I can't wait for all the cool strums in part 2!

Thanks!

oceanjaws
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Great video man.
Just got my first banjo uke and i love it.
This is incredinbly helpful as a tutorial.
Cheers!

johnnyfoodstamp
07-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate that and thanks for watching! I agree I should have made more effort to show the strums slower. I have learned a lot since that video and the next one will be much better! I will also try to improve video quality the next go around.

Very cool. I just got my first banjo uke so this will be a great first try on it.

You asked for some comments - I particularly like how you cover the strum and then use that related to a particular section and repeat it several times. That really helps show how it fit and is used in the song.

I noticed that HD 720p was available but it did not seem to improve the video quality.

Finally I would say if you could make an effort to play it a little slower on the first go round and then normal speed that would make it much easier I think.

OVerall though outstanding tutorial. I can't wait for all the cool strums in part 2!

Thanks!

johnnyfoodstamp
07-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Great video man.
Just got my first banjo uke and i love it.
This is incredinbly helpful as a tutorial.
Cheers!

Thanks a lot! I look forward to making more tutorials in the future.

CeeJay
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
"Thread: I made a banjo ukulele tutorial video!"

And very nice it is too....and informative ...and it has a good tune .......I'm very proud of you young man .......

From an Old Fart.;)

I'm back after an enforced sabbatical so I got some stuff to share ...See ya......

Keep it Slippy