WTB: National Resonator Ukulele -- Wood Body or Metal Body?

toque

Reaction score
The weekly jam I attend is large and therefore, very loud! I'm determined to hear myself, so I can improve my playing. And so I'm wanting to buy a National.

National makes many resonator ukes. Which one would you recommend for a student/beginner?

Can't speak to the different sounds of the National ukes (I've only played the wood body), but I own a biscuit cone wood body National Estralita that I choose over the metal body National reso models. Reso cones are bright enough for me without compounding the effect with a metal body.

The wood are much more common on the used market. National makes a great resonator uke. So do Mya-Moe. I recently picked up a used Big Rusty that sounds fantastic.

I have fallen in love with the idea of getting a resonator uke ever since seeing Mike Krabbers play his "Too Many Horses" song. I love the sound of that resonator. I would love to get a National or Recording King metal body, but the price of those are more than I can afford right now. Anyone have the wood bodied Gretsch or Kala?

Top Bottom