More #*%@!* hacker posts. Hate that, those #*%@!*.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
How soon can you get rid of them?

Aloha Mike, You dont have to post these..if you look on the bottom left side os the post there is a black triangle, click that to alert the moderators..

The easiest thing would be to require admin approval before new members could post. It works fine on all other forums.

I reported those posts at about 10:55 and again at 11:00 and 11:03. I'm glad to see that they got cleaned up right away, but it's disturbing that it's still so easy for asshats like that to do what they did.

The easiest thing would be to require admin approval before new members could post. It works fine on all other forums.

I was going to suggest this, since that's how it's done on another forum that I moderate and it does the job well. Can't remember the exact number but I believe the first 10 posts have to be approved before a new member is free to post without moderator approval.

Look who know so much! :nana:

We tried moderator approval for new accounts. THERE WERE TOO MANY TO APPROVE AND I WANTED TO DIE

I was a high level government regulator for many years. Self regulation, in my view, is the best approach. In environments where stakes are high and a significant percentage of the players cannot reasonably be trusted to act responsibly, self regulation can be risky and, at the least, seriously bothersome.

This community, however, is just about perfect for self regulation. The vast majority of the players (so to speak) are not about to attempt to use the forum for their advantage and at the expense of others. If some folks (usually SpamBots) attempt to worm in with bodily function ads and the like, the posts are quickly pounced on and deleted by the moderators.

I realize that these posts can be viewed as unwelcome intrusions into an otherwise "safe" place, but these SPAM posts are not worth taking as a personal affront. They are an impersonal fact of life today are are worth much less than the time we have spent on them.

I know it's a a bit of a bother but I just scroll down and only read the threads I know are UU. If it's emails I just delete and never open. SPAM seems to be a part of life today. Spam, just the name makes me think of Hawaii and camping trips. Oops, mind wander....

Top Bottom