Makapili Guitar Uke Combo in the UK or Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Reaction score
Have been having a rough few years, and am now in the position where I have to sell the last two instruments I own. I thought I would offer them here first, before putting it up for sale on some other websites.

The case shown is not good at all. I just made it to transport the instruments in one of my many moves. I am still using it, but don't consider it to have any monetary value.

The Guitar is parlor sized, with a 25 inch scale. It has Nylon strings. The back and sides are Myrtle, and the Top is Port Orford Cedar.

The ukulele is Soprano size. It has Mahogany back and sides, and a Sinker redwood top.

Both necks are Port Orford Cedar, and the bridges and fretboards are Indian Rosewood.

The instruments are in the UK, so no import tax would be necessary.

Both instruments have minor wear and scratches, the ukulele has more than the guitar. The top of the ukulele has some pretty big scratches.

Both instruments are completely structurally sound, and they both sound incredible, hence them being the last two that I have held onto.

It hurts me to sell them, but I am going to start with a price of 1200 Pounds (or 1482 Euros) for both instruments. I feel like this is a fair price, but would listen to any offers.

Take care,
Thomas

Attachments

• guitar uke.jpg
    guitar uke.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 62
My husband plays one of Thomas' parlor style guitars and it is wonderful. Very responsive. I have one of his used guitars that is a smaller size and has a sinker redwood top which I'm not giving up to anyone just cause it sounds so good and is so very easy to play. I've never played any of his ukuleles. Thomas, I'm sorry to see you won't be building any more but I do understand. Good luck. UU feel free to PM if you have a question about the parlor.

Thanks for the kind words Shirley. It sounds like you and your husband are enjoying the instruments.

Ed, I think 300 pounds is a good price for the Soprano alone. It will not come with a case, just boxed really well.

Take care,
Thomas

These instruments are still for sale.

Take care,
Thomas

These instruments are still for sale. They are in Brighton if anyone would like to play them in person.

Take care,
Thomas

Thomas,
sorry to see that they have not found a new home by now.
I 'll take them (if still vailable) for the original price asked.

Best regards,
Jobst

PS.: I would not part with my other (terz) Makapilli. Anyway, payment through paypal?

Hi Jobst,

I just sent you an email.

Take care,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom