Kamaka White Label Soprano with original tolex case and upgraded tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingace

Reaction score
I purchased this Kamaka from a guy named (funny enough) Gary Shimabukuro in Hawaii last year.

He said he purchased in the late 80s (not sure if used or new) through his children's elementary school program. All three of his kids used it as they took lessons. His oldest when turned 18 and graduated, decided the Hawaiian thing to do was to let it go to be played by someone else... also his parent's bought him a Kanalea custom tenor!

It plays great, is mostly intonated, as much as a little soprano can be. The finish is crazing, there is a nick here and there but no cracks. it's a solid and LOUD little thing. Super Fun to play!

I hated the old friction tuners and installed some Gotoh Planetary Tuners. They work great and look great! I'll include the originals but they won't fit anymore due to the gotoh's needing a slightly larger reamed hole.

It's strung with Southcoast Mediums. Comes with original yellow fur lined Tolex case complete with elementary kids' stickers applied!

$350 shipped to US CONT 48. Prefer commercial shipping address to keep shipping costs low.

kamaka1.jpg

kamaka2.jpg

kamaka3.jpg

kamaka4.jpg

Whooo, with those tuners and case, an extremely good deal for someone.

Hi, not sure if it's possible but I would love to buy this. I'm in the UK so not sure on shipping costs, I would also have to pay customs import charges unfortunately. Let me know if it can be done. Thanks

I'd love you to buy it but I know nothing about shipping overseas, sorry. I usually only ship in the US CONT 48 to keep shipping costs low. Who ships over seas? Fedex? ups? USPS?

Thanks for all the offers. One is pending in a Counter Offer right now. I'll update here to let you all know if it goes through or if I'm still accepting offers. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom