Queensland Maple soprano

soulman

Reaction score
IMG_1376.jpgIMG_1375.jpgIMG_1374.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1372.jpgJust finished this Soprano Uke.
Back,top,sides and headstock laminate. Qld Maple.
Binding: Figured Blackwood.
Neck: Silky oak

Last edited:
Very pretty. Is that the natural color or did you dye it? I would almost guess it was koa

it looks like sapele a bit. I am also wonder if this is a natural tone. It is very very nice uke, I like the binding - for me it is perfect. Tell something about its sound please.
Best regards
Piotr

Very pretty. Is that the natural color or did you dye it? I would almost guess it was koa
Thanks Ksquine. This is natural timber. I Have finished it with a burnishing oil. (tung oil)The blackwood binding is a cousin to Koa.
it looks like sapele a bit. I am also wonder if this is a natural tone. It is very very nice uke, I like the binding - for me it is perfect. Tell something about its sound please.
Best regards
Piotr

Thanks Piotr. Not sure what you mean by natural tone. It has good volume, bright but warm tones. QLD maple has very similar tone to Mahogany. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the answer,

I look at the pictures from web sites, that wood has got various colors. Sorry for confusion, writing tone I meant color property.
Thanks soulman, nice to watching your ukulele.

Top Bottom