Bonjour from France!

Johnstone

Reaction score
Hello!

I am quite new to Ukulele but I have been a musician for 10 years. I am a double-bassist and everybody's always saying "Hey, why don't you play the ukulele?" when they see me struggling for moving it.

So, it gave it a shot and now I love it! I have my first ukulele gig in about a month (with my wife who sings beautifully).

Right now, I have a concert Kala Ukulele a friend gave me but since the preamp is broken, I "had" to get a Koaloha Tenor (which I should receive in less than 10 days, can't wait!).

Nice to meet you all, this forum is a gold mine!

Cheers,

C

Johnstone,

That's how it starts!
Sois le Bienvenu et Felicitations, and since you are already past the performance anxiety stage with your bass playing, please consider joining us on the Seasons of the Ukulele sometime, I'd love to see you in action.

peewee

Greetings and welcome. Wonder if you'll end up with a Ubass. They sound like double basses if plugged into a decent bass amp

Thank you all! I'll definitely try the Ubass first time I can and I'll join you on one of the Seasons soon!

Have a nice weekend!

Welcome, Johnstone. Great to have you! A KoAloha tenor is exceptional.

Perhaps you know Jano et Krouk from France. Here's one of their awesome duets. It's the most recent, their rendition of a vintage tune called The House of The Perverts.

Hi, welcome to UU!

This forum is amazing. We are like a world within the instrument world and more obsessed than anyone ever expects. Good luck with your gig!

Getting more confident about the gig. I received my Uke 2 days ago (after it being stuck at the custom for a week), it just sounds amazing! I plugged it to an AER, but even acoustic, it just fills the room!

@laurenschex: you almost make it sound religious ^^

Welcome to UU!

Top Bottom