So nice to be in San Diego, CA

dtikim1

Reaction score
It is so nice to live here in San Diego. Not only because of the weather, forget the fires every few years, but because there are 2 premier ukulele luthiers that reside here!!! Pepe Romero and John S. Kinnard:shaka: In my personal stable of ukuleles I have a 12 fret all Koa Pepe Romero Tenor, and have commissioned a 13 fret tenor from John S. Kinnard
IMG_0792.jpg
Brazilian Rosewood
Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
Glossy finish
Slotted Head
13 Fret
Series 3
Curly Koa Binding on Body and Fretboard
Black side fret markers
Soundport
refer to John S. Kinnard for further specifics of the Series 3 Ukuleles

Why a John S. Kinnard commission? Not only to support a fellow San Diegan, but more importantly after playing a lot of other ukuleles, IMHO I have found the John S. Kinnards to be superb instruments. John S. Kinnard's instruments in terms of tonality and workmanship rivals the best premier ukuleles that are out their in the Ukulele World. (Bar none) What is really impressive is the consistency of quality of the final products. An example of what I am talking about, is that every Kinnard that I have played using a clip tuner on the headstock, has always been spot on at the 15th fret of the A string (the C note at the 15th fret is always spot on; neither sharp or flat...amazing).

Kevin Beddoe has informed me that production should start sometime next week. I am waiting in anticipation:drool:. Since I'm posting this, I'll spill the beans a little, in announcing that my son Nick who many of you may know, has also commissioned a 13th fret John S. Kinnard to be built simultaneously as mine...who could have guessed that would have happened...lol I'll stop here and will let him post the specifics of his outstanding new instrument. I will be posting pics of the build as others of the Kinnard family of ukulele owners have done.

Aloha
Dennis Kim

I also commissioned a Kinnard and honestly it could be as ugly as sin for all i care (ok ok i care...) but the sound of every Kinnard i have heard is just ethereal. It's the first custom uke i have bought and the sound is what i am anxiously waiting for. As soon as Kevin starts sending those 'update' teaser pictures, the waiting gets bad, you get jumpy and the playing is just not the same. It's torture, honestly...

Congratulations man. The set you picked looks stunning.

Thanks...

What wood combination have you chosen? Agreed the Kinnards do sound ethereal...I've not played a Kinnard that I didn't like. When is yours schedule for production? Keep us informed.

Aloha

I also commissioned a Kinnard and honestly it could be as ugly as sin for all i care (ok ok i care...) but the sound of every Kinnard i have heard is just ethereal. It's the first custom uke i have bought and the sound is what i am anxiously waiting for. As soon as Kevin starts sending those 'update' teaser pictures, the waiting gets bad, you get jumpy and the playing is just not the same. It's torture, honestly...

Congratulations man. The set you picked looks stunning.

That's sounds like a great combo. Congrats on a new build

Kam sa ham ni da...lol

We should try to hook up sometime. I'd really like to view your collection of instruments. Btw will you be at this years San Diego Uke Festival. If so I'll see you there.

Kevin Beddoe has informed me that production should start sometime next week. I am waiting in anticipation:drool:. Since I'm posting this, I'll spill the beans a little, in announcing that my son Nick who many of you may know, has also commissioned a 13th fret John S. Kinnard to be built simultaneously as mine...who could have guessed that would have happened...lol I'll stop here and will let him post the specifics of his outstanding new instrument. I will be posting pics of the build as others of the Kinnard family of ukulele owners have done.

Me? Really? We'll see. :)

Top Bottom