Daniel Ho, Keali`i Ceballos and Halau Keali`i O Nalani ~ Los Angeles ~ May 31

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana ~ With Warmest Aloha
Featuring Keali`i Ceballos and Halau Keali`i O Nalani Music by Daniel Ho

A much anticipated collaboration of all-original Hawaiian music and dance.

Saturday, May 31 at 7:30pm
Aratani Theatre

244 S. San Pedro St. Los Angeles, CA 90012

Join us in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles at the Japanese American Cultural and Community Center for a concert of Hawai`i-inspired music and dance at the Aratani Theatre featuring the much anticipated collaboration of two of Los Angeles’ esteemed purveyors of aloha – Daniel Ho and Keali`i Ceballos.

The program of all-original Hawaiian and English language songs will feature vocals, chant, and dance by renowned kumu hula Keali`i Ceballos and his award-winning halau, Halau Keali`i O Nalani. It will premiere new hula choreographies to original music written by Grammy® Award Winners Daniel Ho and Amy Ku`uleialoha Stillman.

This is a pairing of not-to-be-missed visual and sonic artistry as Daniel and Keali`i and friends present an evening filled with their warmest aloha.

Proceeds will support the 'Ukulele program at the JACCC.

Tickets available at: http://jaccc.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=632010

Preview: Daniel Ho, Keali'i Ceballos & Halau Keali'i O Nalani - May 31, 2014

"Our challenge was not only how we might do right by Hawaiian music, but indeed how we might contribute to its continued growth. The lyrics tell present-day stories about our lives and experiences, and the music finds its inspiration in many cultures and genres... From penning our first song to interpreting them as hula dances, Me Ke Aloha Pumehana is the debut of a creative effort six years in the making." – Daniel Ho

Kealii8.5x11.jpg
kealii1_lowres.jpgkealii2_lowres.jpg
MeKeAloha5.5.14.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom