Uke face, admit it... who pulls a uke face while playing

billten

Reaction score
So, i decide to video myself playing to see how sound from the other side. Normally i just play and don't worry about it, but i thought it would be fun. And horror of horrors, i have uke face... That stern, scary focused one eyebrow, look like you are getting really mad when you play kinda thing. I know i was having fun, but boy it didn't look like it. So i ask the lovely wife and she assures me i always look like that when i play. Yikes...

So am i alone suffering from uke face?

Oh, the uke face...

The worst part is, I actually thought I was smiling! :rofl:

George breaking his first A string (or was it passing gas? I forget.)

52.jpg

Yes, totally know what you mean!

In my case I look like I'm about to burst into tears! ack! I too thought I was having fun but face says not so much!

I saw a video of myself years ago playing guitar. Scrunchy faces. Lips making wheedly-wheedly sounds while I played. Looked like the village idiot. Decided to stop making videos and concentrate on playing instead.

This has amused me for a long time now. I've always noticed the faces people make when playing. There s a clip of a guy playing a classical guitar on YouTube that cracks me up every time. He actually looks as if he is trying to bite the neck of the guitar.
Whenever I'm filming myself playing, I very aware of my facial expressions, the first time I showed a friend one of my vids he said " you look terrified" !!!

Unfortunately my uke-face is kind of a blank stare when I'm in the zone. People always commented about it when I made videos. D:

Heh, heh. My face doesn't change much when I play...and that should scare anyone who has seen any of my vids... :)

John

I did a couple of the seasons, but don't remember a specific face. I think if I have a face it would be a throwback of my elementary music teacher's "c'mon and sing, y'all!!!!" face.

Top Bottom